Author Topic: Research about Italians in the UK  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Arturo.c

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Research about Italians in the UK
« on: Friday 18 March 11 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello everybody,

I found this website while trying to find some ropes on how to trace heirs of persons of Italian descent who died in the UK and left behind their estates.

After watching some episodes of "Heir Hunters" on BBC and finding out that there are quite a handful of Italian (or Italian sounding) family names in the list published in the "Bona Vacantia" website, I have been thinking about how to use my personal experience to track down possible relatives and descendants of the deceased, probably still living in Italy and totally unaware that a distant relative passed away in the UK and left them his earthly belongings.

The problem I have stumbled upon is that there is no trace of birth certificates registered in the GRO index for the majority of names that caught my attention (likely because they were all born abroad), and without knowing their age at death it's impossible to get their death certificate, and with it the precious information that could bring about the whereabouts of their respective place of origin and surviving relatives.

I am therefore willing to help any probate researcher who would like to join forces with me in unearthing connections between the deceased and their estranged families.

Best regards to all,
Arturo.

Offline FraserandFraser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Neil Fraser of Fraser and Fraser
    • View Profile
Re: Research about Italians in the UK
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 April 11 11:21 BST (UK) »
Sorry you may be wasting your time, Fraser and Fraser the biggest firm of probate researchers has an office in Italy and we do this work already. We have even looked back through the old list to see if any of the unsloved ones are worth a 2nd go at solving (ie they have value, and newly released records could help to solve the case)

Yes I do have access to all the values.

just thought I would let you know before you waste too much time.

Neil Fraser