Author Topic: Letitia Morrow married to James Morrow 1904.  (Read 6500 times)

Offline mojo1970

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Letitia Morrow married to James Morrow 1904.
« on: Saturday 19 March 11 12:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Have a problem in that my great grandfather James Morrow (roden st, Belfast, 1911 census) was married to a Letitia Morrow (maiden name is also Morrow). They were married in 1904 but I couldn't find a Letitia Morrow from Co. Armagh. I did find one from Antrim (Father Robert, Mother Rose) & one from Donegal (father John, Mother Letitia). One Letitia is married in 1897 to a William Morrow in Fermanagh, and the other to James Morrow in 1904. As Letitia Morrow from Donegal is living at home with her parents in the 1901 census I can only presume that she is the one married in 1904. Is there any way to confirm if this is correct?

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Letitia Morrow married to James Morrow 1904.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 March 11 13:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   One slight bit of confirmation is that when Letitia married James Morrow she gave her father's name as John which ties in with the Donegal 1901 census. However I cannot explain the birth in Donegal/Armagh discrepency.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline mojo1970

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 March 11 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Thanks for this. I couldn't find her fathers name on marriage search (familysearch) and that is where I was getting confused. So thank you very much for this information!

Offline mojo1970

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 February 21 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have been updating my research on my family genealogy and am in touch with someone in New Zealand. They have stated the connection is a Henry Morrow born 02/06/1858 in Donegal. On his marriage certificate to Ellen Robinson it states his father as John Morrow, Grouselodge which I believe is around Pettigo, Donegal. Henry is supposed to be a brother of my g-grandmother Letitia Morrow with the family in Grousehall, Donegal in the 1901 census. My research shows siblings of Letitia as Johnston, Mary and James (I believe twins) William and Abraham. Can anyone confirm if Henry is  son of John and Letitia Morrow (nee Johnston). Also, is Grouselodge as on Henry's marriage Certificate the same place as Grousehall where my gg-grandparents family are in the 1901 and 1911 census?

Many thanks

Terry

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 February 21 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Also, is Grouselodge as on Henry's marriage Certificate the same place as Grousehall where my gg-grandparents family are in the 1901 and 1911 census?

Grousehall is a townland in the Civil Parish of Templecarn. It's north-east of the village of Pettigo.
https://www.townlands.ie/donegal/tirhugh/templecarn/grousehall/grousehall/

Grouse Lodge was probably close to, or in the townland of Cashelenny and therefore east of Grousehall (or in Grousehall itself).
https://www.townlands.ie/donegal/tirhugh/templecarn/grousehall/cashelenny/

Its original construction was probably funded or partially funded by some of the owners of the larger houses in the area including Grouse Lodge and Tievemore House to the south-west, both now ruinous.

https://www.buildingsofireland.ie/buildings-search/building/40910201/cashelenny-church-of-ireland-church-cashelenny-county-donegal

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 04:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Have a problem in that my great grandfather James Morrow (roden st, Belfast, 1911 census) was married to a Letitia Morrow (maiden name is also Morrow). They were married in 1904 but I couldn't find a Letitia Morrow from Co. Armagh. I did find one from Antrim (Father Robert, Mother Rose) & one from Donegal (father John, Mother Letitia). One Letitia is married in 1897 to a William Morrow in Fermanagh, and the other to James Morrow in 1904. As Letitia Morrow from Donegal is living at home with her parents in the 1901 census I can only presume that she is the one married in 1904. Is there any way to confirm if this is correct?

Did you ever confirm this?
Since your initial query, the actual GRO marriage registrations have been put online, which will show her father's name and occupation.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 05:37 GMT (UK) »
Here is the marriage of James Morrow and Letitia Morrow, 1904. Her father is John Morrow deceased, a Carpenter

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1904/10205/5713764.pdf

The witnesses are Theophilus and Esther Heasley

Here is the marriage of Theophilus Heasley and Esther Morrow - 1902
Her father is John Morrow, deceased, a Carpenter and a witness is Letitia Morrow.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1902/10270/5737694.pdf

1901 census - Esther and Letitia Morrow
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/St__Anne_s/Clifford_Street/982164/
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 10:17 GMT (UK) »
A possibility for the Rachel Morrow's birth (the younger sister inn1901 census), albeit age slightly out:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details-civil/43d77210105377

The father is a John, but a weaver rather than carpenter.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 10:42 GMT (UK) »
Not Armagh though  :-\

I couldn’t find much earlier at all and since then, have seen a tree which shows Lucenda Morrow (see birth below ) as Esther Lucinda (Essie) Morrow with a father, John, a Carpenter.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1875/03094/2134614.pdf
The marriage to Theophilus Hearsley is detailed on the tree but the Morrow sisters are not. There are two Finnegan half sisters so as yet, it is not a reliable source. 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk