Author Topic: BLUNDEN  (Read 24471 times)

Offline john blunden

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BLUNDEN
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 October 11 19:31 BST (UK) »
hi leeanne
just thought i drop by and say hello, i am hughs brother john, i see you trying to get past overington.....hum, well family folklore has it that family we royalists, but i think it was otherwise, i believe he was a officer on the other side ;D scock horror,my guess was that after the return of charles II all links to that past were buried, making it very hard to get any truth out of it ,if you can check cromwells army lists you might be suprised what you turn up ,just a friendly lead

Offline LeeanneB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 February 13 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello John,

After almost 2 years (and some computer trouble causing loss of information) I have finally made it back to this website, and I saw your reply to my Blunden query in the Kilkenny thread.  When you say you are brother to Hugh do you mean Hubert Chisholm? Making you (if my records are correct) John Maurice Patrick??
BLUNDEN, BLUNDELL, ANDREWS, CUFFE, CREAGHE, BALFOUR, BALNEAVIS, BECHER, CARSON, CHALONER, LLOYD, OSBOURNE, HONE, KNOX, LODGE, MAUNSELL, O'MALLEY - Ireland; ERLANK, ERLANG - Sweden; GRIESSEL, OSCHE - Germany; CONRADIE, SLATEM, DAVEL, KEMM, TAYLOR, EBDEN - South Africa; PLANTAGENET - England

Offline john blunden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 February 13 18:59 GMT (UK) »
hi lee anne
well done your back ;D ok contact me at *
best john

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to protect against spamming and other abuses. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline LeeanneB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 21 February 13 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi John

Back and very, very happy that you have replied!!  :D  :D

They've removed your e-mail address from your post though  :(

Please would you send me a private message with your e-mail address?  I would love to contact you!  The last time I tried sending you a private message it didn't want to go through as your inbox was full.

Kind regards,
Leeanne
BLUNDEN, BLUNDELL, ANDREWS, CUFFE, CREAGHE, BALFOUR, BALNEAVIS, BECHER, CARSON, CHALONER, LLOYD, OSBOURNE, HONE, KNOX, LODGE, MAUNSELL, O'MALLEY - Ireland; ERLANK, ERLANG - Sweden; GRIESSEL, OSCHE - Germany; CONRADIE, SLATEM, DAVEL, KEMM, TAYLOR, EBDEN - South Africa; PLANTAGENET - England

Offline john blunden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 21 February 13 11:22 GMT (UK) »
hi leeanne
will do just one thing finding hard to figure out how to get to private messages this place seems hard to fathom
best john
[/quote]

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 February 13 11:24 GMT (UK) »
Please would you send me a private message with your e-mail address?  I would love to contact you!  The last time I tried sending you a private message it didn't want to go through as your inbox was full.

you both have more than three posts now, so should now have full access to the Personal Message System. See the link above in reply#11.

Leinster Moderator.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline LeeanneB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 21 February 13 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Shane :)  I have just managed to get a message through to John

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 07 June 13 11:00 BST (UK) »
Came across this grave in Tramore in Waterford, thought it may be of interest.
 MARY JOSEPH HYLAND CASTLEBLUNDEN KILKENNY 1861 AGED 25.
 WIFE OF JOSEPH P HYLAND.
 tried to post a pic but was unable to upload.

Offline LeeanneB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 15 June 13 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hi grizzly1,

I'd be quite interested in seeing the pic - is it on a website somewhere or is it one that you took yourself?