Author Topic: 1915??? (Date clarified please)  (Read 12807 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1915??? (Date clarified please)
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 24 March 11 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Glen...There is a Dinah Longley b. 1902 in Benenden, Kent...her Mother is also called Dinah.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 24 March 11 14:11 GMT (UK) »
There is also a Dorothy Langley b. 1893 in Ramsgate
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 24 March 11 14:14 GMT (UK) »
I found this too:

~~~~~~~~
Marriages Jun 1911   (>99%)
~~~~~~~~

Jessop  Charlotte A    Boston  7a 1059   
Langley  Dorothy E     Boston  7a 1059   
Langley  Walter     Boston  7a 1059   
Stanley  Francis M     Boston  7a 1059   

Carol

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 24 March 11 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for those bits Treetotal! I'm going to look through them properly over the weekend.

Yes, it's 42 Great British Pounds Redroger!  :( But I've been stuck for years now and, if nothing else, at least this will give me her date of birth  :)

(Or at least what she told them was her date of birth!)
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith

Offline jemhay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Putting flesh on the bones of my Ancestors
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 25 March 11 06:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Redroger. Nanny Dinah is a bit of a mystery! I'm now wondering if she was married previously?! Although i can't find anything to suggest so and the marriage cert in 1929 records her as a Spinster. Mind you, they were married in a Registry Office, false home address was given, nobody recognises the names of the witnesses and everybody thought they were married 11/12 years earlier in a church! (I've posted all the details on the 'Kent Lookup Requests' board, under the posting of 'Birth/Baptism/Census lookup please - Dorothy 'Dinah' Staples/Shepherd/Langley')
Thanks alot, Glen.

Hi Glen,

does the certificate show her father's name? If so, does his surname match hers? Is it Langley or Shepherd?

(*)

Her birth is found in the June qtr of 1893 as Dinah Mahalia SHEPHERD (on the Census above she appears to be Dinah Matalia) She was baptised Dinah Mehalah SHEPHERD on the 9th August 1893 in Southwark, her parents Edwin Thomas (a printer) and Ellen living at 10 Paved Place Gravel? (difficult to decipher the last word of the address).

There is one other Dinah SHEPHERD - a Cotton Weaver born (and living) 1889 in Warrington, Lancashire - but there is a matching marriage for her in Warrington1912 to a DITCHFIELD

1911 Census Information Removed

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,355484.0.html

MACKENZIE: Hampshire, London/Surrey/Middlesex, Scotland
SARGENT: Berkshire, Gloucestershire
RIDEWOOD: Middlesex, Somerset
DYER: Hampshire
MACEY: Wiltshire (Chilmark)

Offline maidmarianoops

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • somewhere over the rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 25 March 11 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Shapherd  Edward  41 Head Printer's Machine Minder Clerkenwell, London  10 Paved Place  Christ Church, London     
Shapherd  Ellen  38 Wife  Holborn, London                                                               "
Shapherd  Fanny  10 Daughter Scholar Southwark London       
Shapherd  Ellen  7 Daughter Scholar     "       
Shapherd  William  6 Son Scholar "       
Shapherd  Sarah  3 Daughter         
Shapherd  George  1 Son         
Frances  William  48 Head Carman Horsted Keynes Sussex       
Frances  Sarah  54 Wife  Holborn London       
Frances  William  24 Son Stateman Porter Teddington Middlesex 

sylvia
notts/derbys clark
      "        "      stenson
        "       "    nicholson
       "     "        jarvis
                         castledine
    rhodes

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 25 March 11 12:01 GMT (UK) »
I know the feeling Glen, I have the same sort of problem with my 2XGGF, but so far despite professional help, yes that hurt £wise, I am really no further on. A scavenger hunt in early 2010 produced further information which though it's the right person completely contradicted what I had already. However, maybe a scavenger hunt on this site would help solve your problem?
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 25 March 11 23:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jemhay,

Her father is recorded as 'William Langley, deceased, General Labourer'.

She supposedly grew up with an Aunt in Blue Bell Hill, Kent, England. Most of the children are given five names each! And although five of the kids were boys and they were given names of other male family members, none of them had William!

The fact that she uses two maiden names, seems really strange to me.

Redroger: What's a scavenger hunt?! I'm intrigued! Maybe I need to do one!

Glen  :)
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith

Online Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 28 March 11 16:51 BST (UK) »
Put "Scavenger hunt" into search function on this site and you will soon get the idea.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)