Author Topic: Hannah Wright born 18.01.1833 Norfolk-New York??  (Read 4545 times)

Offline Oblivion

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hannah Wright born 18.01.1833 Norfolk-New York??
« on: Wednesday 23 March 11 00:12 GMT (UK) »
This is my G.G.Grandmother who was born in Mileham,Norfolk.She married twice & in 1887 got on the SS Servia,sailed to New York with her daughter.She arrived on 18th April & then vanishes completely.
 The daughter who sailed with her (Jesse Maria Wright known as Mary) settled in Nassau & a year later her son sailed over (Thompson Garner Wright) & he settled in Freeport & died in Roosevelt Nassau.
 I'd really like to find out where she went,I can find no trace.Any help gratefully received.
Oblivion

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah Wright born 18.01.1833 Norfolk-New York??
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 March 11 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Do you have dates of birth for Hannah's children?  A date of death for Thompson?  Do you have either of the children on census records?

Offline Oblivion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 March 11 21:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
 I do indeed... she had 16 children altogether.
 Thompson was born 17.03.1867 in Kings Lynn Norfolk & died 29.03.1909 Roosevelt,Nassau County New York. He was married to Lucy Huvler in 1889 (she was born 14.10.1870 Mount Vernon Knox,Ohio).
 Jessie Maria (Mary) was born 21.03.1870 in Kings Lynn Norfolk.When she arrived in the USA she married Bion (Benjamin) Rayon DeMott in 1890 & Frank Walker in abt 1905-I have no death for her but on the 1910 Census she is living at Hempstead District 5, Nassau, New York.
 I have them both on UK & American census's
 Hannah Wright was married twice-Henry James Wright 10.07.1854 & Henry Eastoe 02.06.1879 both in the UK (Norfolk).It's rumoured "she left in a hurry" ,otherwise I can't find anything else about her.
 Any help or clues very much appreciated.
Oblivion

Offline bill_eastoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 01:08 BST (UK) »
Hello all.

It would appear that Henry EASTOE's marriage to Hannah WRIGHT was almost incestuous.

Susanna EASTOE (Hannah WRIGHT's mother) was the daughter of Henry EASTER/ESTHERS/EASTOE by his first wife, Martha BRIAR/BEAR. This couple were married at Great Dunham on 6 April 1795.

Following Martha's death (at Mileham in June 1817) Henry married Hannah ABBEY/ALBEY at Mileham on 23 December 1817. Hannah was buried in Mileham on 6 October 1818, 18 days after giving birth to Henry's 4th child, a daughter.

10 years later, on 11 December 1828, Henry married Mary Ann DOWDY in Litcham. Their second child (Henry's 6th), Henry EASTOE, was baptised at Litcham on  8 January 1832. As you can see he was Susan(nah) EASTOE's half brother, and was 32 years younger than her. This is the Henry EASTOE who married the widowed Hannah WRIGHT in 1879.

Hannah WRIGHT (Susan(nah)'s daughter was, therefore, her 2nd husband's niece.

Regards

Bill Eastoe

Offline Oblivion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 15:43 BST (UK) »
Hannah has been located for me by a fantastic lady in the USA.

If anyone would like info please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you everyone

Oblivion

Offline bill_eastoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 19:07 BST (UK) »
An error on my previous posting. I should have said

"Hannah was buried in Mileham on 6 October 1818, 18 days after giving birth to Henry's 10th child, a daughter."

Offline Oblivion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 31 May 19 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hannah is buried in New York. She married her deceased sister Martha's husband Robert Plowright & emigrated

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 31 May 19 16:44 BST (UK) »

U.S., Civil War Pension Index: General Index to Pension Files, 1861-1934 show Hannah Plowright as the widow of Robert Plowright.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada