Author Topic: Grieg/Collins  (Read 7039 times)

Offline joannecarter

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Grieg/Collins
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 26 April 11 09:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Daisy,

Thank you for all the details you have found, do you know of a site i could perhaps search to find any living family from the list you gave me ?
I will get on now an add this group to my tree.
A big thank you again  :D

Jo
Researching: Carters in Yorkshire
 Drabwells and Softly in St Pancras, Camden,
Collins, Reynolds, Haswell, Jackson, Harston

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 02 May 11 20:47 BST (UK) »
The Social Security Death Index (available free on www.rootsweb.com) has William Collins, born 14 Oct. 1897, died June, 1977, last residence - Marathon, Monroe Co., Florida, last benefit - Burlington, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts, Social Security number issued in Ohio before 1951.  The Florida death index shows Williams Greig Collins died in Monroe Co. on 30 Jun. 1977.  He was born 14 Oct. 1897, and his race was listed as white.

Online Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 12 May 11 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Sorry not to have replied sooner.
RootsChat isn't used for searching for living relatives, we can't give out details of living people, maybe GenesReunited?

For searching for your Australian and American ancestors I think it might be best if you put a new post on the USA and Australian boards so people who have more expertise in these areas will be able to help. Link them to this post so that they can see what has already been found :)

Regards,
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline cindyhol

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 04 July 11 01:53 BST (UK) »
I am a friend of the Annie's Great grandson in the US via son William.  Annie was raised by her aunt and uncle Capt. Luke Hubbuck and Mercy Flood.  She married William Collins in Wisconsin.  I have other information if you are still looking.

Offline witchetty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 08 March 19 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I am descended for Annie's brother, Alfred FLOOD.

The children were all born in Queensland, soon after their parents emigrated from England.

The parents were Thomas FLOOD and Mary Ann GREIG. They were struggling in this new country, and when Mary Ann's childless sister visited with her husband, a ship's captain, they adopted Annie.

So Annie had a great life, travelling to different countries with her parents, and receiving a good education. She eventually married a preacher and settled in Canada then the USA.

The FLOOD family were originally from Norfolk, and had moved to London only to find work. John and Mercy GREIG lived in London.