Author Topic: Joseph Cox b 1804  (Read 43141 times)

Offline LukeDenison

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Cox b 1804
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 03:54 BST (UK) »
Patricia's husband's (Ian),  brother lives on Livingstone Gully. There is some truth in what you say. Livingstone gully was once a property of some 12,000 aches, it is now down to around 2000. My uncle has purchased back tracts of land that were once Livingstone Gully.
You will be happy to know that Patricia is still alive and living in Wagga, I saw her just over a year ago. She is now well into her 80's.
In the same trip I went to Livingstone Gully during the same trip.

Offline dianehutson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Cox TREE
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 04:16 BST (UK) »
What town do you live in now .
And what is ya dads name and mothers names?.
Do you have property and your parents.
Thank you. Diane . Brisbane.

Offline LukeDenison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 05:43 BST (UK) »
I live in Sydney.
My surname is Denison however my mother's maiden name was Cox.
My Grandfather's name was Keith Cox and he is the brother of the current occupants of LSG.
Keith die in 1961 so I have only known LSG through holidays there. I did go up there during
shearing season once and work as a roustabout.
So no the property is not mine it's my great-uncles.

Offline 5bjwil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 18 June 12 12:16 BST (UK) »
I believe my gggrandfather Laurence Moloney was a brother of Mary Moloney Cox the second wife of Joseph Cox. On one list of passengers on the Lady McNaghten I found a Mary Moloney. Are they the same? Also, does anyone know the Irish ancestry of Mary Moloney? I am not having any luck with my gggrandfather. Thanks.

Offline dianehutson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Joseph Cox b 1804
« Reply #31 on: Monday 18 June 12 12:43 BST (UK) »
Hi.
Can tell me where you live and laurence maloney came later via victoria not checked that line in ages.
have all my files packed as moving.try ancestry may find details or someone researching that tree.
On facebook if want contact me as cant put emails on rootschat.Diane Hutson.QLD.

Offline 5bjwil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 18 June 12 19:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane
Thank you for the prompt reply.
My name is Brian Williams. I live in Sydney and am newly returned to this family research. I found a Laurence, Sarah and Margaret Maloney arriving on the Abyssinian in September 1859. This fits in with the details on Laurence's death certificate and I have just noticed on the original image on Ancestry  of the Abyssinian's passenger list, the "relatives in the colony" column, which lists Mary at Livingstone Gully. Can't believe I missed that before.
 On this original image on Ancestry I cannot make out the name of the town in Limerick where he came from. When the record is saved, the origin comes up as Killeaby, Limerick but I think that relates to the next name on the list. I may have to have a look at the reel.
On this record the father is listed as David and the mother as Margaret. The family trees for Mary Moloney on Ancestry have Margaret McGrath as the mother and the father David dyIng in 1855. The death certificate of Laurence has Margaret Noonan as the mother.
That is where I am at present. I was hoping that given the interest in Joseph Cox, there might be some details on Mary that I could pursue.
I will pursue your suggestion re Ancestry family trees. I don't have access to Facebook but I will see if I can do something through one of my sons to open an email link.
Thanks again.
Brian

Offline Geffwho

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 23 August 12 08:21 BST (UK) »
Hi All, my name is Geoff and I am descended from Frederick Lawrence Cox (maternal grandfather) born at Oberne, and his father John Matthew Cox, Grazier. Not sure about upstream from that but have just ordered Birth Certs for Fred L and his wife Mary Fahey. I understand my ancestors came out on "The Fever Ship, Lady McNaughton" as per the book. Frederick did indeed have 4 daughters, one of whom was my mother. The youngest of whom would be Stude51's mother, my God Mother who died very young. Regards, Geoff

Offline dianehutson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 23 August 12 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Thanks for enquiry.
If can go to charles stuart university library you will find heaps on COX lines.
Have copied alot myself when went there.
John Withers has done alot too.
Have donated a book to the uni
I live in Qld.If google my name find my email as cant list it on rootschat.
I am on facebook .cheers diane hutson.
hear from you.
have alot of marriage copies and few year ago new owner of livingstone gully property found box of cox items on was orig richard cox marriage which uni has.

Offline Geffwho

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 23 August 12 09:45 BST (UK) »
Cheers Diane. This is a bit advanced for me as I only found out my GGF's name (John Matthew) today when I got Frederick Lawrence's Marriage Cert. I don't know relationship of my ancestor's to yours exactly but could be GGGF Joseph? Will Facebook you. Geoff