Author Topic: Harold Bamping ( Painesville Ohio )  (Read 5582 times)

Offline Ohio Susan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Harold Bamping ( Painesville Ohio )
« Reply #18 on: Friday 01 April 11 01:44 BST (UK) »
SCHOFIELD - Lancashire, Manchester, Oldham

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 01 April 11 18:12 BST (UK) »
Hello nc, We went over to the Pine Rest Cemetery in Foley, Alabama and got several nice pics of the final resting place of James H. Bamping, along with some additional information that I cannot post here.  I will be pleased to PM all of this to you if you simply send me a message indicating a desire for this information.    :)   Pat
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBALD: Tweedmouth, NBL; CHARLTON: Ponteland, NBL;
ERRINGTON: West Denton, NBL; 
FAIRLESS: Longbenton, NBL;
HARDING: Hollinside, Co. Durham;
KING: Newcastle-on-Tyne & Berwickshire;
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;
PAULIN: Berwickshire; REAY, Ponteland, NBL;
SCOTT: Norham, NBL; SELBY: Tweedmouth, NBL;
SLIGH: Berwickshire; SPOOR: Whickham & Ryton;
WIDDRINGTON: NBL

Offline vbamping

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 26 June 19 16:46 BST (UK) »
Hi there, greeting from the UK, can I help? Harold G Bamping born 27/3/ 1901, Southport, Lancashire was my 2nd cousin 2x removed. Brief History;

born 27/3/1901 in Southport, Lancashire, emigrated to USA leaving Liverpool o 12/10/1922. On 11/6/1927 he married Lillie Sanderson in Ohio. She was on the same ship as him when he emigrated so perhaps it was a shipboard romance.

Harold's parents were Henry Bamping born 1870 in Pendleton, Lancashire and Evelyn Jones 1847.

His grandparents were Edward Bamping born 1843 in Liverpool, Lancs and Jane Catherine Embley 1847.

His Great Grandparents were Henry Bamping born 1806 in London and Elizabeth Mollard also 1806 again in London. (the 1841 census shows them as being born in Liverpool but this is in accurate, the 1841 census being the first one does have a lot on inaccuracies! However birth and baptism records show them as being born in London.

Great, great Grandparents were John Bamping born 1767 in London and Mary Hall born 1768 in Berkshire. Here the trail runs out as there are no records at all for the surname Bamping. In fact I could not locate a birth record for John Bamping but did find one for a John Bampkin and we believe that at some stage John changed his surname to Bampkin (research on this goes on!)

In fact anyone with the surname Bamping comes from John and Mary and their four children.

I hope this is helpful and if you need anything more please let me know.