Author Topic: Doak, Rogers, Dunlop  (Read 32968 times)

Offline Stanley Doak

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Doak, Rogers, Dunlop
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 13 July 14 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hi KatC

Henry passed away only about 10 years ago as I was in America and met some relatives of his. Henry had 3 boys and one girl.

Offline bee dee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 01:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Stanley, thanks for your reply.
Yes john george did marry mary anne ferguson on july 11th 1917 at Tullylish coi. Witnesses  were Abraham Doak and Jennie Balmer. When i saw Araham mentioned i was curious what the connection was.

John George and Mary Anne had 2 dau's and 3 sons,Rebecca Jane (Jinnie) b 1918 died aged 30, Thomas George b 1921 now deceased, Mariah b 1923 died aged 6 with scarlett fever, my father in law Joseph (Joe) b 1924 and died 2010, David Douglas b 1927 who is also deceased. Joseph and his 2 sisters are buried at Newmills Pres church.
We still attend the church along with my brother in law, wife and his family.

Not sure what information you have but I looked up marriage certificate for Abraham recently, he married on 10th July 1919 at Gilford Pres, witnesses were Joseph Mc Cutcheon and Lizzie Balmer. Abraham's in laws were Henry and Charlotte and attended Gilford Pres. They emmigrated in 1921 to N.Y along with their son's and dau's.

Gilford records show son Stanley born 23rd dec 1920, bpd 21st jan 1921 and familysearch mentions Henry born N.Y. Newmills pres records record that Abraham was born 2nd June 1894 and Joseph Mc Cutcheon born 12th May 1900. I have births, baptisms and marriages at Newmills of Doak's. Thomas Mc Cutcheon and Martha Doak married there on 3rd May 1900, witnesses were Joseph Doak and Minnie Doak.

William John Doak who married Sarah Jane Doak says he was living in Belfast in marriage record, father's names are not mentioned. witnesses at wedding were Samuel Doak and Ellen Jane Chambers.

I have records of other Doak marriages, births and baptisms and a few deaths which i have taken from Newmills Pres records. I have also information taken from all Doak head stones at Newmills. William John and Sarah Jane Doak are buried there and headstone also mentions a William E Doak and Samuel George Doak.

Offline redoak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 30 October 14 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
After 15 years of struggle with an appalling genealogical mess agglomerated by the American branches of the Doak family of Chester and Lancaster Cos, PA, and then Augusta Co, VA, I am now looking to use our Y-DNA to attempt to identify related lines that may NOT have travelled from Ulster to America in about 1720
We use the 37-marker test and have clarified 36 of those back to the immigrant siblings David, John and Samuel (and thus to their father, whatever his name may have been)
Can you perhaps suggest any Doak contacts who may be related to this my family ?
The Marblehead, MA, Doak line is not a likely contender, but that of Robert of Londonderry, NH, is, as also is that of James DOKE of Chester Co, PA
More data available on request
Best wishes
Ralph Doak
[x4gtgdson of 'Immigrant John' Doak, son of ???]

Offline redoak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 30 October 14 18:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stanley
Please check the messages I've posted here in RootsChat - my line of Doaks comes from an emigrant to America circa 1720
We have identified Y-DNA markers which can be used to clarify any relationship with your line of Doaks
Ralph

Offline Vanessamorgan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 14 March 15 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi all.  I am new to this site but My grandmother was a Doak, her father was Robert Doak his father was Joseph Doak husband of Eliza Ann Spence.  Joseph along with his wife and sibling moved to Queensland Austrlia leaving behind his daughter  whom was married.  John Doak and Mary Ann Calvert are my Joseph's parents and they are buried in the Newmills church.  I have a tree on ancestry.com with loads of info but I am unsure how to get it across to this site.  I have some photos of my great grandfather Robert but non of Joseph and Eliza. 
Vanessa morgan

Offline adoakster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Monday 18 September 17 14:10 BST (UK) »
Hi All...

Just thought I'd add this entry encase anyone is still following this old thread.

I'm descended from John Doak [b. ~ 1835, d. 25th October 1888] and Jane Johnston [b. ~ 1838, d. 2nd March 1888].  They married on the 16th November 1855 in Newmills.  Their son Alexander Doak [b. 27th October, m. 21st February 1893, d. 3rd January 1944] is my Gt Grandfather.

Offline KatC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 18 September 17 16:51 BST (UK) »
So very good to hear from you.  We are highly related though not directly.  My mother was a McCleary and my gt grandmother an Adamson.  I have been following the NY branch through the newspaper records as my grandfather who lived next to James H. Doak (m. Agnes McCleary ) moved away.  There were a ton of Newmills Doaks in NY including Isaac.  I would love to know more about the Irish Doaks.  I was sent some Newmills (and Knocknamuckley) church transcriptions and have seen the graveyards.  However, I once chanced on an Australian tree which has John and Jane's marriage before 1843 with extra kids and know my Doak trees have mistakes.   I would love to compare notes.  (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline spades

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 19 September 17 00:17 BST (UK) »
Hi KatC,

You should be able to send a PM to those who replied to this topic with the exception of Vanessamorgan. I note that she hasn't been online since 2015 but hopefully she will receive a notification of your most recent posting.

Congratulations to you all for making a connection. :) 8)

Spades
ELLERKER - Beverley ERY ENG
HEALEY - IRL?
MURDOCH - Wigtownshire SCT, Otago and Westland NZ
PALING - Nottinghamshire ENG
RILEY - Flamborough; Cottingham; South Dalton ERY, Manitoba CAN, & London ENG
STURTON - Arnold, Nottinghamshire ENG
SUTTRON - All, NRY & DUR ENG
TAYLOR - London ENG
TYLER - London ENG
TERNAN/TIERNAN - Dublin IRL