Author Topic: Kergon/Kegon family of Halifax, Hudderfield Yorkshire  (Read 3449 times)

Offline Wombat21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kergon/Kegon family of Halifax, Hudderfield Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 20:20 BST (UK) »
Hi folks,
  I'm looking for a few dates for the Kergon/Kegon family of West Riding. My key interest is Henry Kergon b1854 Huddersfield, and his father seems to be Benjamin Kergon b1825 Huddersfield (but can't find a birth for him...census entry only 1851, married lodger).  Henry Kergon 1854 seems to have married Elizabeth Boothroyd in 1875, but I can find only a birth for that name at Almondbury in 1857, and her parentage seems to be a mixed family of Schofield, Boothroyd and Ramsden.
  I think that I have found a marriage for Benjamin 1825 in 1848 to an Eliza/Elizabeth at Huddersfield...any idea of her maiden name to be found anywhere? and children?.  Eliza/Elizabeth can then be found as married to John Hellawell in the 1871 Cen and is listed as being born at Stainland...so Ben 1825 decseased before then.  I can also find another Benjamin Kergon 1795 born at Halifax who could possibly be Benjamin 1825's father?  All of the bdm's I can find for these people don't seem to list the name of wives for marriages, and no mention of parents/maiden names of mothers on births...is this just the way the bdm's are for West Riding? I don't seem to be getting anywhere putting this all together!

Any help would be just wonderful.
Rap
Australia

Offline Wombat21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 20:26 BST (UK) »
I too am researching Henry Kergon B1854 and Elizabeth Boothroyd B1857. I have their daughter Lucy B1889 and son John B1877. Lucy's daughter is my mother. I have only just started this line of the family, so have not yet gone any further back.

Offline Jackie Browne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 30 March 18 00:45 BST (UK) »
Eliza Kergon/Hellawell is Eliza QUARMBY daughter of William and Mary (not sure yet if her surname is Berrey or Gledhill, Mary that is)
Eliza is the sister of my great great grandfather Ephraim Quarmby who ended up in Tasmania
I have done my Dna along with my brother and Sister if that will help.
Eliza had a sister Selina and brothers Alexander and Allen (information from Ephraims convict records)

Offline Jackie Browne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 30 March 18 01:57 BST (UK) »
I too am researching Henry Kergon B1854 and Elizabeth Boothroyd B1857. I have their daughter Lucy B1889 and son John B1877. Lucy's daughter is my mother. I have only just started this line of the family, so have not yet gone any further back.
Lucy is my 2nd cousin twice removed.  Henrys mother is the sister of my great great grandfather Ephraim Quarmby he came to Tasmania as a convict in 1846.