Author Topic: Look Up For William Anthony ~ Salmon Cove ~ Nfld.  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Look Up For William Anthony ~ Salmon Cove ~ Nfld.
« on: Tuesday 29 March 11 11:45 BST (UK) »
I have William Anthony b. c. 1832 The beach, Salmon Cove
He married Emma Curlew b. c. 1840 in Bareneed
They married in 1860 in Bareneed.

I have failed to find a birth record for William Anthony and would loveto find out who his parents were.

I can find no trace of two of their Daughters Martha Jane or Deliah.

Josiah...my Grandpa is quite well documented.
Eliza Jane went to Masssachusetts.
William John is sketchy but believed to have married Emma?
Susannah believed to have married William Henry Bussey
Martha Jane...I can't find at all so may have died young.
Deliah also is a mystery and have failed to find anything.

Any help in finding info for this Family would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Carol

Port De Grave Anglican Baptisms:
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up For William Anthony ~ Salmon Cove ~ Nfld.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 17:43 BST (UK) »
Salmon Cove  Port de Grave...does not have births available before 1860, unfortunately
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#c=fs%3A1793777&s=waypointsOnly&w=0&p=waypoint

You may want to peruse the images for other info, though
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 17:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your time JJ...I've looked at that several times without success...Unfortunately a lot of Parish records where destoyed in several fires over the years...12 years of searching and two visits to St. John's Nfld proved fruitless so I wasn't holding my breath ::)
I appreciate your time  :D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 21:49 BST (UK) »
Never hurts to post the query anyway, as the descendants of other children might contact you with more info...and perhaps answers on Deliah or Martha...Parish records and fires are a real heartache and headache....J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline amazon510

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 15 April 11 04:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol,

The RSV records that are posted on-line at Family Search don't always go back as far as the original parish records they are copied from.  The Anglican parish records for Port de Grave actually go back to 1827, and then before that it was part of Harbour Grace parish.  But perhaps you know that if you've been to St. John's already.  You can verify the date ranges for the parish records at the Provincial Archives website:  http://www.therooms.ca/archives/prfa_anglican.asp#Q

The other possibility is that your ancestor was born in Labrador - people from Conception Bay North were very involved in the Labrador fishery.  The bad news is that the records for Labrador and the Quebec Lower North Shore are extremely sparse.  However you can also check the St. John's Anglican Cathedral records for strays, they sometimes sent missions to Labrador.

Jennifer.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 18 April 11 12:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennifer...Thank you for your interest and your helpful comments..I have one or two possibilities but will have to keep digging through the records as the Familysearch records are scanned documents and it's rather tedious but better than nothing.
Carol