Author Topic: Joseph Parry & Mary Ann Wardle (Buckley)  (Read 5041 times)

Offline Rojo18

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Parry & Mary Ann Wardle (Buckley)
« on: Wednesday 30 March 11 13:22 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone

I'm trying to find information on Mary Ann Wardle (b. 1883 Buckley I believe)  who in the 1901 census was living in Buckley as an adopted daughter with her own son George Wardle (unknown father at moment but am trying flintshire archives).  I am struggling to find out any early information on Mary Ann (parentage etc)  Although she did go on to marry Joseph Parry (died in the First World War) originally from Nercwys (spelt Nerquis on the 1911 census) and have children with him, one of them my husband's grandfather.   Mary Ann later married Sidney Roberts and had 2 children with him.  Any information on Mary Ann's early life would be much appreciated.

JO
Edwards/Lloyd - Gwersyllt/Gresford/Llay
Bunn - Peldon(Essex)/Limerick/Southampton
Jones/Morgan - Llay / Treuddyn / Rhydymwyn/Tremerchion/Rhuddlan/Meliden
Parry - Buckley/Llay
Davies - Pandy/Warrington area
Hughes
Dingley - Leeswood / Baddesley Ensor

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Parry & Mary Ann Wardle (Buckley)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 13:39 BST (UK) »
Mary is shown as the daughter of George & Mary Davies in 1891 so you are going to have to buy a copy of her birth cert to find who her mother was as I suspect she was illegitimate

Births September qtr 1883   
Mary Ann Wardle  Chester  8a 408

There is no suitable candidate for her mother in Flintshire in 1881 apart from a married Jane Wardle b 1851 - husband George.  There is no obvious Wardle death between 1883-1891 to suggest Jane was her mother
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Rojo18

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 19:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Carole - I'll definitely send for her birth certificate to try to solve her parentage.   I have checked the 1911 census and found out that Joseph and Mary Ann had three daughters, Elizabeth May, Sarah Ann, and Mary aged 8, 6 and 1 respectively; however my husband's grandfather wasn't born until 1915 and I believe the only sisters he mentioned were Edi (Edith I presume - born just before him) and half sister Margaret (known as Maggie) and half brother Sidney from Mary Ann's next marriage to Sidney Roberts.  So that's another mystery!!!  If you can help in any way that would be fantastic.  I guess the next step is to check out any death registered for them.
Parry - Buckley/Llay
Hughes

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 19:48 BST (UK) »
If she was born after the September qtr 1911 - her mothers maiden name will be shown alongside the entry on freebmd

Births March qtr 1913 
Edith Parry - mothers maiden name  Wardle  Hawarden  11b 400

www.freebmd.org.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 19:55 BST (UK) »
The births of the 2 Roberts children are shown on freebmd - mothers maiden name Wardle

No marriage prior to their births between Sidney & Mary that I can find on freebmd

Offline Rojo18

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Parry & Mary Ann Wardle (Burnt Wood, Buckley)
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 10 April 11 09:40 BST (UK) »
Hi

I've finally got Mary Ann's birth certificate and she appears to be illegitimate with no fathers name entered on birth certificate.  It does state that Mary Ann's mother was Hannah and I think it says Beavan as her maiden name, with Cook, Domestic Servant after that although it is quite illegible.  I have now been looking for Hannah Beavan's details or indeed Hannah Wardle's but am not having much look.  I did manage to trace Hannah Wardle in the 1881 Census as a visitor in Liverpool but apart from that i'm struggling.  Any help you can give would be marvellous.

Thanks
Parry - Buckley/Llay
Hughes

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 10 April 11 22:37 BST (UK) »
You will probably find several Hannah Wardle's and Hannah Bevan/Beavans on the 1881 census.  However - being realistic,  how will you know which one was Mary Anne's mother?

There is a Hannah B Bevan aged 19 in 1881 living in Flint but there is absolutely no way of knowing if she was the mother

Hannah could have been from anywhere, and living anywhere, in 1881 and then in Flint just for the birth