Author Topic: Charles Algeo and Isabella Stinson, Cloon Clare Parish  (Read 5319 times)

Offline Lorna.McCluskey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Charles Algeo and Isabella Stinson, Cloon Clare Parish
« on: Friday 01 April 11 16:38 BST (UK) »
Charles Algeo (b. abt 1800 to Sep 1887) and Isabella Stinson (b. abt 1800 -- ?) were married 21 Feb. 1831 in Manor Hamilton, Cloon Clare Parish.
They had one son that I know of -- Adam Algeo (b. March 1835 Tulliskerny, Cloon Clare Parish -- 13 Nov. 1911, Toronto ON).  His first wife was Ann Britton and his second wife was Catherine Stevenson/Stephenson.
I'm willing to share what information I have and would really like to know more about the Algeo family in Leitrim, especially the father of Charles Algeo.
Matthews (Co. Down), Gregg (Co. Cavan/Monaghan), Todd (Londonderry/Antrim), Johnston (Down), McCluskey (Antrim/Ontario), Key (Ontario), Algeo (Leitrim/Ontario)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Algeo and Isabella Stinson, Cloon Clare Parish
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 02:45 BST (UK) »
Newspaper:    Leitrim Advertiser
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 02:49 BST (UK) »
Newspaper:    Leitrim Advertiser

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline SantaT

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 April 11 01:38 BST (UK) »
Lorna, I think it is most likely that Charles, who was born in 1801, is the son of Lewis Algeo, who had another son, Lewis Ramage Algeo born 1798, who emigrated to "Upper Canada" in 1819, with Robert Armstrong.   I don't think that Lewis' will has survived.  These Algeos were Church of Ireland, but I don't think the C of I records for Coonclare Parish, leitirm, are extant.

I nominate Lewis as his father because I do have the will of the other Algeo who was contemporaneous with Lewis Algeo, Robert Algeo esq. of Hollymount, and he mentions several sons, but none of them Charles.  I think Robert was very closely related to Lewis Algeo, as he named one of his sons Lewis.

I am wondering if Lewis is a family surname somehow -- the maiden name possibly of the parent of both Lewis and Robert (leaping wildly ahead of the evidence, I know).

Santa

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 March 12 00:30 GMT (UK) »
Lorna, I think it is most likely that Charles, who was born in 1801, is the son of Lewis Algeo, who had another son, Lewis Ramage Algeo born 1798, who emigrated to "Upper Canada" in 1819, with Robert Armstrong. 
Santa

I am wondering where the Ramage in Lewis ramage Algeo came from? I am searching for Ramage ancestors and every little clue will hep. Do any of the Algeo researchers know?

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 23 March 12 00:34 GMT (UK) »
Lorna, I think it is most likely that Charles, who was born in 1801, is the son of Lewis Algeo, who had another son, Lewis Ramage Algeo born 1798, who emigrated to "Upper Canada" in 1819, with Robert Armstrong. 
Santa

I am wondering where the Ramage in Lewis ramage Algeo came from? I am searching for Ramage ancestors and every little clue will hep. Do any of the Algeo researchers know?

I think I have found a reference here.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,42836.0.html