Author Topic: Ira R. Fisher in PA  (Read 2192 times)

Offline 11rose5

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ira R. Fisher in PA
« on: Tuesday 05 April 11 14:01 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I have been researching the Fisher Family in the Cumberland Co, area in PA.  I am looking for the parents and siblings of Ira R. Fisher 1872- 1949.  I have found the Census reports for my Ira from 1900-1930.  Listing Anna Mary Grissinger as his wife and 9 children.  (Sarah, Samuel, Maggie, John, Paul, Robert, Annie, Ruth and Dorothy).  Ira is buried in the Mohler's Church Cem., in Cumberland Co. PA.  I have not been able to locate Ira's parents.  I have found 3 other Ira Fisher's  born around 1872 in the 1880 census and have not been able to connect my Ira to them.  I believe my Ira was born in Pa, but I am not 100% on this.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!  This is my first posting so I hope I did this correctly!!  Thank you

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ira R. Fisher in PA
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 April 11 14:46 BST (UK) »
This seems to give a little more detail about the dates of his birth & marriage - http://genforum.genealogy.com/fisher/messages/9755.html  That date of birth seems to match the month and year given in the 1900 Census.

Do you have an obituary for Ira?  Sometimes those will mention siblings or parents. 

Offline 11rose5

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ira R. Fisher in PA
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 April 11 15:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you, I did know the marriage date and the Rev. I did contact the church to see about the marriage record and there is not one.  I have not been able to locate a Obt. for Ira.  I have a good amount of information about his children and wife , but can not locate his parents.  Thank you for your response.