Author Topic: 1798 Rebellion  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Graham Whitehead

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1798 Rebellion
« on: Tuesday 05 April 11 18:25 BST (UK) »
I have just become aware of the 1798 Rebellion in Ireland and wonder if there are any records for Dublin family history that might throw light on individual names and families.  For instance would the uprising affect the keeping of Protestant and RC Church records, so that for this period and say 20 years earlier they may be very sparse?  Any information on this appreciated.
Also would there be recorded names in Dublin Castle of those who supported the rising and were put down and presumably killed.
Warwicks: Whitehead, Allcock, Atkins, Bayley, Beacham, Bilson, Brooks, Cleaver,Farmer,Gilks, Lucas, Kendall, Oliver, Pickard, Shilton, Underhill.
Lincs: Kendall, Clark, Morley,Vincent, Withers, Barlow,Dawson.
Leics. Vincent
Notts: Bardill, Bugg, Morley, Winfield
Dublin: Brooks, Flood.

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1798 Rebellion
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 April 11 20:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Graham

You may be interested in the Dublin section of the Irish Genealogy Project archives at

http://www.igp-web.com/igparchives/ire/dublin/index.htm
The military/constabulary link on that page has alphabetical lists of 1798 rebels who surrendered in Dublin, with addresses and occupations.

Dermo 
O'Brien, Keogh, Byrne, Cuffe, Kelly, White, Burke, Blosset, Evans, Hetherington, Hosey, Williams, Wright, Comerford, Carey, McKeon, Litton, O'Reilly, O'Toole, Nugent, Traynor, Broughall.

Offline Graham Whitehead

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1798 Rebellion
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 April 11 21:51 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Dermo I will have a look.  Many thanks there is this which might be one of mine perhaps: Brooks, Nicholas, Mill Yard, Cabinet Maker.
So am most grateful for the link.
Warwicks: Whitehead, Allcock, Atkins, Bayley, Beacham, Bilson, Brooks, Cleaver,Farmer,Gilks, Lucas, Kendall, Oliver, Pickard, Shilton, Underhill.
Lincs: Kendall, Clark, Morley,Vincent, Withers, Barlow,Dawson.
Leics. Vincent
Notts: Bardill, Bugg, Morley, Winfield
Dublin: Brooks, Flood.