Author Topic: Rudolph LAMBERT Singapore  (Read 16646 times)

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rudolph LAMBERT Singapore
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 April 11 09:24 BST (UK) »
Death in Java of Rudolph Edward Matthew Lambert, late of Singapore.December 3 1932 aged 62 so born 1870.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0cnd/
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 08 April 11 09:38 BST (UK) »
1878: Edward Lambert of Singapore marries Othilie Schauer of Stettin, Germany

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0cne/

Offline TERIPAT

• I am sorry but my emails are not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 08 April 11 09:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Shaun,

Fantastic, I am so excited to finally find out some history any mention of Sylvia Rudolphs wife her full name is Syvia Eugenie Lambert (nee Potter)  I don't know if she passed away before the fall of Singapore or if she got out before being interned.

If she got out I wonder where she went? There was a record of Rudolph travelling to Philadelphia in 1891

I hope you haven't this message twice as I typed it out before and I thought it was gone but couldn't see it posted.
Thanks again
 ;D :D :) Terry
Mcmah family - Londonderry- Newtonlimavaady- Ireland- Australia - ??? Harris -Nothhamptonshire- Dorsetshire-England Ayreshire- Scotland
Laurie-Shaughnessy-Scotland -Ireland?-Australia
Varty- Casey-Reynolds-Ellis-McNeilly-Searle-Forrester-Medcalf-Wright-Lee-Wood-Sandilands-Steel
Williams- Australia
Lambert - Singapore- Java- Australia
Walsh-Potter - Singapore- Ireland-Victoria Australia
Raadshooven- Holland- Dutch East Indies- Australia

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 08 April 11 10:08 BST (UK) »
Found this on an Ancestry message board :

"My GG Grandmother was Mary Anne Walsh b.C1837 Tipperary, (township not known)d.10 Mar 1915 Carlton Melb.Vic, one of the sisters to your Catherine. Mary Anne m.13 Apr,1857 Melb.Aust.to Patrick William Potter b.C 1838 Athlone St.Mary's Westmeath, Ireland. They had 10 children. One of who is my GGrandmother Syliva Eugenie"Goldie"Potter m.3rd Mar.1897 in Singapore to Rudolph Edward Matthew Lambert.
I would appreciate the full names, births,marriages & deaths of Catherine & Alfred's Children and date the family moved to NZ.
Dates of When & Where was Alfred White born and died."

http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.walsh/1297.1.1/mb.ashx

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 April 11 10:16 BST (UK) »
Sylvia Eugenie Potter is in Victoria BDMs  - born circa 1874-5

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 09 April 11 08:03 BST (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0cnq/

REM Lambert appointed Resident Manager for China Mutual Life Insurance Company in East Java - 27 April 1921.

E Lambert is Resident Secretary.

So Rudolph must have moved to East Java around that time.

Offline TERIPAT

• I am sorry but my emails are not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 09 April 11 08:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Shaun,

Thank you.  Yes that would be right, my Dad was born in Batavia Java.

Wherever you are looking could you look for my Granddad his name was Eric Jean Rudolph Lambert born in 1900 I am interested in his marriages.

One to ?? which produced two children a son Eric and a daughter who passed away after he was married to my Grandmum Vera Sigrid who then had two sons.

I think Grandad Lambert was the eldest of the children.

Also Sylvia I don't know what happened to her, do you think she died before Rudolph otherwise you would think they would mention her in the death notice??

Thanks alot for your help

Terri
Mcmah family - Londonderry- Newtonlimavaady- Ireland- Australia - ??? Harris -Nothhamptonshire- Dorsetshire-England Ayreshire- Scotland
Laurie-Shaughnessy-Scotland -Ireland?-Australia
Varty- Casey-Reynolds-Ellis-McNeilly-Searle-Forrester-Medcalf-Wright-Lee-Wood-Sandilands-Steel
Williams- Australia
Lambert - Singapore- Java- Australia
Walsh-Potter - Singapore- Ireland-Victoria Australia
Raadshooven- Holland- Dutch East Indies- Australia

Offline baa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 21 April 11 10:21 BST (UK) »
 Hello TERIPAT, I have been researching our Lambert family tree for many years and the Lamberts did not come from England but originally from Germany, found out many interesting things. Roy and Faye opened the first Lamberts Driving school in Singapore. Look forward to hearing from you. Your Mum should know who I am, as we all were in Singapore together as children. :)

Offline baa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 22 April 11 13:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Teripat, I was born in Singapore and my grandparents were Rudolph and Faye who owned the Lamberts Driving School, which is still there in name only. My father's name was Reg (dec) and his sister Dulcie, is still living. We are all connected. Vicki and I have been researching the tree  for quite awhile. We know alot of the Lamberts are living in Qld and some in Melb.
I even have a beautiful photo of  Rudolph and Sylvia that was taken at their Silver Wedding Anniversary, March 1921 with all their children around them one with my grandfather Rudolph "Roy", and one was Eric Jean Rudolph (1st married to Jenette "Netty"Johanna Maria VAN DEN ENGH b. 1906 Holland, Marriage June 1925, Died 1932 Jakarta. They had 2 children Eric Rudolph Martinus and Sylvia (dec) When "Netty"  he remarried to Vera (when Vera married him she always called in Jean as she did not like the name Eric.
Rudolph b.10 Feb 1873 Singapore, d.5 December, Malanir Hospital,Surabaya, Java Indonesia or Typhoid fever. Married March 1897 Singapore to Sylvia Eugine Potter b.5 Nov 1874 Melbourne, d.26th May,1927 Surabaya, Indonesia.
If you look in Google under the Straits Times and insert the word Lambert, just look down as there are quite a few. Its a good start especially if you type in the Christian name.
 What is the name of your Dad? It's not Tony is it, as he knows I have been doing the tree for a long time. I also remember Aunty Vera. He can give you my phone number as we are regularly in touch. Infact, I am sure you and I have been in touch by e-mail in the past. Otherwise you can contact me on my private e-mail if you have it.