Author Topic: Pyper  (Read 11755 times)

Offline Belfastlass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pyper
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 11 December 12 00:45 GMT (UK) »
The Mary in the records I have married Vincent Bradford and resided at 23 Spinner St., from 1946 on.  I show that Ellen born 1887 married a Mr. Pyper and lived at Malcolmson St., Belfast.  Was there also a Mary Anne?  I don't show her.  Only Mary.

Mary

Offline Ciaran Morrison

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 06 October 14 13:18 BST (UK) »
hi I came across these posts, while researching. I am Ellen Pypers grandson who was born 1905, John and Mary Annes daughter, nice to know you all :)

Offline maggie1904

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 02 November 18 12:14 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to prove or disprove my connections with Rathkeel Pyper/ Piper. I have a John Pyper who was born 1846 in County Down to John Pyper and Mary Woodrow. I have not been able to find any information about the parents and it was suggested to me that the family may have come from another area. Has anyone come across this family?

Offline Swyand

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 15 August 20 23:17 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am looking for information concerning Bessie Pyper, she is my great great aunt. Her sister Helen Maude Neill (nee Patton) is my great grandmother.

Best wishes,
Sarah

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 16 August 20 13:22 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  :)

I am looking for information concerning Bessie Pyper, she is my great great aunt. Her sister Helen Maude Neill (nee Patton) is my great grandmother.

Is this her marriage to John Pyper in 1910?
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1910/09990/5632914.pdf
Elizabeth M Hinch Patton, a schoolteacher living at Hillhall manse. Her father, Alexander Patton a Presbyterian minister.

Here she is in the 1901 census, with her sister Helen M.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Down/Bangor/Downshire_Road/1252787/
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai000763227/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 16 August 20 13:39 BST (UK) »

Death of Bessie's father, Alexander Patton, a Presbyterian minister in 1896.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1896/05886/4669753.pdf

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 16 August 20 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hello,
Best wishes,
Sarah

What sort of information are you looking for? The more detail you post the easier it is for us to find information or suggest where you can search next.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Swyand

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 16 August 20 20:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for that information KG! Lovely to see that Bessie and John Pyper were married by their nephew, Gilmour Neill, also my g grandfather.

I am hoping to find some living descendants of Bessie and John Pyper to  ask some questions. I know they had a son called John Graham Pyper a surgeon, who retired in Framlingham, Suffolk and died in 1987.

Many thanks in advance for any pointers!
Sarah