Author Topic: Pyper  (Read 11738 times)

Offline Belfastlass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pyper
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 December 12 13:18 GMT (UK) »
http://www.casatorossi.net/subs/genea.htm#McNamara

This is my grandfather William Mc Namara of Limavady,  may be your missing link.

Offline elly40

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 December 12 21:48 GMT (UK) »
thanks for getting back to me I'm assuming william is daniel's father which would make him great great great grandfather or is he daniel's brother.
there was great info in what you sent but only came u in a little box so still letting it sink in surprised alot had settled in the short-stand as my fathers family all orginated round that area also. I have been in touch with one of the mclaughlins whose mother was an anderson from vulcan st think you mention her, can't wait to read this out to mum as she'l be delighted
kindest regards
eleanor

Offline Belfastlass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 08 December 12 13:27 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome.  Sorry about the small box, but at least it has some info for you.  I can send you a printed copy if you can send me your address or phone no, I can call you.  I'm in the USA  I have also been in touch with Danny Mc Laughlin.  Una Anderson was my sister in law.  He is also working on his family.  You can get a lot of info on Belfast Forum.  I also heard from Gerard Bell about the Pypers.  He lives in Belfast, too.  Let me know if you need any further info.

Mary

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 08 December 12 13:29 GMT (UK) »
New members usually need 3 posts to use PM (Personal Message) system to exchange personal details such as phone numbers and email addresses which aren't allowed to be posted on the boards.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Belfastlass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 08 December 12 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Here is the post from the 1911 census when my grandfather, William, lived on Sheriff ST., in Belfast.  His son, Daniel, was with his first wife who died.  You will note that his mother in law from that marriage lived with them.
And also, my grandmother's father.  Pretty crowded in those little two bedroom houses.

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Down/Pottinger__part_of_/Sheriff_Street/222977/

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 08 December 12 13:40 GMT (UK) »
There are 5 rooms in total in the McNamara household-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai002186897/
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline elly40

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 08 December 12 20:29 GMT (UK) »
hi Mary
i think I've got it was getting abit confused Mary Ann McNamara (doherty) pyper is my great grandmother your grandfather William is her brother i think, of a have attached copy gedcom file you might have to download a family tree builder if you google my heritage.com should be able to download from there

elly

Offline Belfastlass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 09 December 12 15:51 GMT (UK) »
 :)According to the records I have, my grandfather, William, was born on April 12, 1877.  He had a sister Mary, but I don't know when she was born.  His father was Daniel, born around 1846, and William's grandfather was James, and I don't have a birth date for him either.   My grandfather's other sisters and brothers are James, 1872, Matilda Jane, 1879, Daniel 1881, Charles 1883, Henry 1885, Ellen 1887, Rose and Mary.  I tried to get into myheritage.com to see the McNamara page, but couldn't.  I am also on that site within the Campbell file.  I hope this is helpful. 

Offline elly40

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 10 December 12 22:50 GMT (UK) »
hi Mary
mary anne was born 1868 married william doherty not sure of date but had a son william age 12 1901 census living with his grandparents in ballyclose street in limavady.
mary anne married john pyper 17th july 1893 but were widowed at the time of marriage mary and john were living in distillery rd limavady in the 1901 census in the 1911 census they had had 9 children of which 7 were still living