Author Topic: FARMER family, Vancouver Area  (Read 7703 times)

Offline liscoole

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mary Hall nee Nevins 28-9-1914 - 16-3-2011
    • View Profile
FARMER family, Vancouver Area
« on: Thursday 07 April 11 18:58 BST (UK) »
Two years ago, I was lucky enough to have the help of the fine chatters on this board in finding the details of my grandmother's aunt Nellie who emigrated to Canada in 1908.

This is the original thread:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,387444.0.html

Now I am wondering if anyone could please do me a look up if possible?

The people I am interested in are:

Nellie- Ellen Sheffield Auld (Nee Evans) died 3rd May 1922 in Vancouver British Columbia. I would like to find out where she is buried and if possible what she died of?

Also her daughter Ethel Jean Farmer (Nee Auld) who married John Robert Farmer, date of marriage unknown.  Both Ethel and John are buried at Royal Oak Burial Park in Victoria, BC. Again I would like to find when they died and if possible the causes? And if it's not pushing it totally, when they got married?  ;D

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who is able to offer any help at all. And also a big thank you to Karen M who has helped me hugely and suggested I post on this board.

Liscoole  :)

MAGEE (Dungannon Tyrone to Shankill Belfast, to Whitehouse Co Antrim,) HALL (Lisnaskea, Fermanagh to Yan Yean, Melbourne Australia) McIVOR (Whitehouse, Co Antrim), McCULLOUGH (Markethill, Armagh), DEMPSTER (Ballymena, Co Antrim to Belfast), CUMMING (Glasgow), EVANS (Llandysill, Montgomeryshire to Belfast), NEVIN/ NEVINS (Ballynahinch, Co Down to Belfast), EMMS (Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey), HURREY (Yan Yean, Whittlesea, Melbourne), FINLAY- Jane, of Co Down, m James McIvor 1867. HOBSON Tyrone

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Ellen Sheffield Auld
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 April 11 03:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Liscoole,

Here is the death registration information for Ellen from the BC Vital Statistics.

Ellen Sheffield Auld
1922 May 03
Registration # 1922-09-502056
BC Archives # 13121

If you contact the Surrey Public Library at familyhistory@surrey.ca they can e-mail you a copy of the death registration
Their fee is $3.50 Canadian.

I have used there service many times and they are very prompt at sending the records .

Ellen's place of burial will be indicated on the registration . The death registration contains quite a bit of information and is well worth sending for.

With her date of death you may be able to get a copy of a obituary from the funeral home which handled her burial or from the Surrey Library if their records go back that far.

If you should need more help please do not hesitate to ask.

Lilybell :)
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FARMER family, Vancouver Area
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 April 11 03:50 BST (UK) »
Do you have an approximate date/year of birth for Ethel Jean Farmer (nee Auld)?

Susan

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 April 11 04:16 BST (UK) »
Seems Lilybell accidentally started a new thread when responding to you:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,525488.0.html
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 April 11 04:37 BST (UK) »
Do you have an approximate date/year of birth for Ethel Jean Farmer (nee Auld)?

According to the 1911 census, Ethel was born in Jan 1910 in B.C.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 April 11 04:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Jacquie.

Liscoole,

I don't see a marriage or death on the BC Archives or pilot family search sites so suspect that she married after 1934 and died after 1989 which would mean that the records are protected by privacy laws.

I might be able to drop by the Royal Oak Burial Park on one of my trips to Victoria and could see if I can locate their gravesite.  It won't be until the end of May or early June though.

I can also look up the death registration for Ellen Sheffield Auld and give you a transcription of the details.  Again, it won't be until late May as I will be away for a few weeks.

Susan

Offline liscoole

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 08 April 11 11:40 BST (UK) »
Jacquie and Susano,

Thank you both very much for your replies.

Susano, I would be so very, very grateful for your help with the look ups and am happy to wait.

Once again thank you to you both for your help. My grandmother recently passed and she had always wondered what became of the family, so it will be lovely to finally have answers to her questions.

Thank you again  :)
MAGEE (Dungannon Tyrone to Shankill Belfast, to Whitehouse Co Antrim,) HALL (Lisnaskea, Fermanagh to Yan Yean, Melbourne Australia) McIVOR (Whitehouse, Co Antrim), McCULLOUGH (Markethill, Armagh), DEMPSTER (Ballymena, Co Antrim to Belfast), CUMMING (Glasgow), EVANS (Llandysill, Montgomeryshire to Belfast), NEVIN/ NEVINS (Ballynahinch, Co Down to Belfast), EMMS (Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey), HURREY (Yan Yean, Whittlesea, Melbourne), FINLAY- Jane, of Co Down, m James McIvor 1867. HOBSON Tyrone

Offline liscoole

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen Sheffield Auld
« Reply #7 on: Friday 08 April 11 11:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Lilybell

Thank you so much for your reply, it's very helpful indeed and I will look into it.

Thanks again
Liscoole

Offline cccarson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 08 April 11 17:09 BST (UK) »
Liscoole,

I don't know if you have this already from your own research, but here is Nellie's obituary from the Vancouver Sun on May 6 1922:

Auld - Death took place at the Vancouver General Hospital of Ellen Sheffield Auld, age 36 years, dearly beloved wife of Hugh Auld, 253 Melbourne Street South Vancouver. Deceased leaves to mourn her loss besides her sorrowing husband, two sons and one daughter. Funeral will take place on Saturday, May 6 at 3 p.m. from Harron Bros parlors, 2123 Main Street. Rev. John L. Campbell officiating. Interment in Ocean View Burial Park.

I have a call in to Ocean View in Burnaby, and they are going to call me back with the information on where her plot is. I will post any information they have as soon as I hear back from them. I will also let you know if Hugh is buried in the same plot or not.