Author Topic: DENNY family Belfast  (Read 5448 times)

Offline derdod

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DENNY family Belfast
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 06 August 15 20:33 BST (UK) »
Sorry my mistake .just checked my file.William was a cousin of Jeramiah ...the Denny's are my brother Inlaws family and I only have the census info on that branch....I know Jeramiah 's wife Elizabeth went to the states ...I think after his death in 1909.

Offline derdod

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 06 August 15 20:40 BST (UK) »
Sorry my mistake .just checked my file.William was a cousin of Jeramiah ...the Denny's are my brother Inlaws family and I only have the census info on that branch....I know Jeramiah 's wife Elizabeth went to the states ...I think after his death in 1909.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Falls_Ward/Hawthorn_Street/980407/

Offline MarieLaBonne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 06 August 15 22:34 BST (UK) »
So where does your William Denny fit in? Is the cousin of Jeremiah senior or junior in the Census information you kindly posted?

Offline derdod

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 06 August 15 22:38 BST (UK) »
I will have to ask the family..they were aware of William a cousin in Hamilton st.

Offline Steven Denny

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 10 November 18 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I thought I should add some detail on this for you.

My grandfather was Jeremiah Denny, and married my grandmother Violet (Haslett) at some point around 1944, and my dad Francis born March'45.  "Jeremiah" would be an unusual name and is obviously a family name passed down through a number of generations.

I picked this thread up doing a search on his uncle James, who was unfortunately killed in Oct 1918 in Belgium with the Royal Irish Fusiliers.  James, we believe, was an uncle of my grandfather, and one of the sons of William, and interesting enough we know that my grandfather went to the same school St. Malachy's, as that of his uncle James.

https://theroamingmind.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/st-malachys-christian-brothers-school-oxford-street-belfast/

Here is his gravestone in Belgium, as we pay respects on the 100 year anniversary of Armistice Day.

http://www.northirishhorse.com.au/NIH/Images/In%20memoriam/Full%20pictures/DennyJ.htm

Offline derdod

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 11 November 18 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephen,The Denny's are my brother in-laws family..Martin Denny son if Edward Denny and Sarah Beslin
See attachment