Author Topic: Thomas & Pritchard family early 1800's  (Read 15900 times)

Offline jaerae439

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas & Pritchard family early 1800's
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 17 February 13 22:45 GMT (UK) »
I am so grateful for your reply!  I don't know I'll ever find them all, but now I know I've got a bunch of relatives yet to locate...oh my!  another 10 children of Robert Thomas.   How else would I ever know that?  I can't tell you how precious that is to me.  I thank you so very much,

Offline farmerbrown

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 10 October 19 22:34 BST (UK) »
 Hi, thanks for all this information! @jaerae439 we must be related. John & Ellen Thomas are my 3xgreat grandparents. We had never found anything past my 2xgreat grandma Margaret Thomas but had heard stories of the grandparents parishing in a shipwreck and we also heard they had lived in a castle. We knew they had come from Wales and a few other small details. Did you ever find the links to the castle? I tried searching the Mercil/Maynard Pritchard name because it was so unusual but could find nothing. Again, thanks for the information!!

Offline mrcakey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 09 November 19 14:20 GMT (UK) »
I've just been drawn into the story as I ordered a marriage certificate for my 3x great grandfather Hugh Thomas, who was Robert and Ellinor's son.

It's one of the more interesting (if awful) stories I've found in my research so far. I'm not having much luck locating original source material for the reports.

Funnily enough I was in Brynsiencin a couple of weeks ago, just to have a quick look at it. I'm wishing now I'd done more prep before I went.
Houghton - Lancashire, inc. Manchester
Robertson - Angus
Collinge - Yorkshire, Lancashire, USA
Nedderman - Lancashire
Lane/Fryer - Kent

Offline Sharron__

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 16 November 19 21:32 GMT (UK) »
I've just been drawn into the story as I ordered a marriage certificate for my 3x great grandfather Hugh Thomas, who was Robert and Ellinor's son.

It's one of the more interesting (if awful) stories I've found in my research so far. I'm not having much luck locating original source material for the reports.

Funnily enough I was in Brynsiencyn a couple of weeks ago, just to have a quick look at it. I'm wishing now I'd done more prep before I went.

The National Library of Wales carries newspapers (free to read online).  There is a very small piece in 'The Cambrian' (at the bottom of the page) dated 19 Aug 1820 regarding the accident. 

Also, if you have a subscription that allows you to view the newspapers on Findmypast, there are several articles (pretty much the same information on all of them) in the following papers:

'Saunders's News-Letter', Dublin - 23 Aug 1820.
 Sun (London) - 16 Aug 1820.
Chester Courant - 15 Aug 1820.
National Register (London) - 21 Aug 1820.

On another note, I have ancestors that lived in Brynsiencyn.