Author Topic: Poland: Meider/Mider  (Read 14345 times)

Offline maltwoodclan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Poland: Meider/Mider
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 31 May 12 05:37 BST (UK) »
Sorry - mistake/typo... Nachman and Chaja's surviving children were Harris, Nathan, Abraham (all emigrated to the UK) and Basia, so that makes 4! I have records in Poland for Basia.
It's been over a year since I connected with everyone and your imput has been fantastic, thank you (you know who you are) x
Our extended family has now reached 662 (spouses included), there are over 200 pictures and numerous stories. We have connected with the famous, infamous and everyday people. Some of the tales are happy and some upsetting but this is all the story of the Meider family.
My research began with just two people at the turn of the 18th century.
Nachman and Chaja
I hope to trace their parents and our ancestors too although it is 'big job'!
If anyone has any information on the Meider family, it would be greatly appreciated.
I can be contacted at: *

BTW - To all the people that  I have connected with, yes, we have a Jewish background but when people ask you where you are from originally, what do we say? Prussia, Russia, Germany, Poland - guess it depends how far back we go...
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline hi_jude2001

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 22 April 13 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am also descendant of the Mider's from Poland. My grandfather was Harry Meider, grandmother Ruby. All my life it was stressed that it was meeder and now I find it was Mider! I lived in Leyton and although I never knew my grandfather I knew many of his sisters and brothers. Three sisters lived in the same road and other siblings lived close by, most of whom I knew. I have a few photos which IS will be pleased to share and any more info. My tree is on myheritage and family are welcome to look , will need an email address. Nina's father Norman was my cousin and named after my Dad.

Offline hi_jude2001

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 17 April 15 19:20 BST (UK) »
Have all the Meider family stopped using this site?

Offline Sherrards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 03 May 15 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hi All
My name is Cherry and I am the granddaughter of Flora Meider, daughter of Newman Meider. My grandmother died 17 years ago in her 101st year. Her only son Norman my father died before her in 1993.
I would love to hear from any of you. The only relative I know of is Keith who's the grandson of Carrie, Flora's sister and also of course Newman's daughter.
I have only just seen all this info- very exciting!
Cherry.

Offline Sherrards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 03 May 15 18:01 BST (UK) »
Hi again I forgot to say that I live in Surrey UK
Cherry

Offline hi_jude2001

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 03 May 15 19:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Cherry, You probably do not remember, but I met you at your Nan´s (Flora) when she lived upstairs to Carrie. Flora, Carrie and Beattie all lived in Osborne Road Leyton at no.17 and we lived at no. 1 so we saw quite a lot of them.  My Dad was Norman Meider (I believe your father was also known by that name) son of Harry (all the above´s brother but he died in 1936). I alao uswd to see Flora when she moved to Grove Green Rd opposite Norman´s mum Ruby. If you would like to send me your email address I will invite you to the Meider tree on myheritage. I have just recently got in touch again with Roger Fisher (Beattie´s grandson. I am in contact with another relative in Canada who has loads of information and photos. I have often thought about you. We got on well when we met I can remember. I would love to hear more from you. I live in Spain so it will be difficult to meet! Take care, I hope to hear from you soon. Love Judy (Judith nee Meider)

Offline Sherrards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 03 May 15 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Judy
Lovely to hear from you. I wish I could remember meeting you, can you tell me when it was? Flora moved to Cornwall to be near my parents but when my father died she came to Surrey to be near me.
I will send you my email address.
love Cherry

Offline maltwoodclan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 05 August 16 17:15 BST (UK) »
I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has additional information on the Meider family.
Thanks!

Offline pfe92nz

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 13 March 23 00:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello Meider clan,

My name is John Stewart and I live in New Zealand and I am another Meider descendant. 
I have 7 or 8 DNA shared connections on Ancestry and My Heritage with Meider distant cousins.  I have only found out the Meider connection within the past two months.  I was adopted shortly after my birth (1955), but 13 months ago was reunited with my birth family (mother, four full sisters and other extended family).  My birth mother's maiden name (Carswell) did not generate any matches on the DNA. 

I found out that my grandfather (Frank Huia Carswell) was also adopted in November 1908, and work done by a niece has identified his bio parents as to be a Meider, and a Pullen.  99.9% certain the Pullen was an Emily Pullen (18 years old in 1908), but the Meider link is a bit more difficult as it looks like Frank's father was possibly an illegitimate male of Newman Meider (son of Nathan) who had emigrated to New Zealand in the 1880s.

Grandfather   Frank Huia Carswell (14/11/1908-20/05/1981)
         Frank was adopted by Thomas and Eliza Carswell.
         His biological parents were a male from the Meider line and Emily Pullen

G Grand father   Unknown male, most likely to be the illegitimate son of Newman Meider, but a slim chance it could have been Newman himself (DNA %  would suggest it wasn’t Newman).  When Frank was born there were only two known Meider males in New Zealand – Newman and his six year old son Harold.

GG Grand father   Newman Meider (1862-1913)
GGG Grand father   Nathan Meider (1835-1907)
GGGG Grand father   Nachman Meider (1797-1824)

John