Author Topic: Acton Beauchamp Query  (Read 6641 times)

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
Re: Acton Beauchamp Query
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 April 11 20:42 BST (UK) »
Your time won't be better spent visiting Parishes as Parish records are part of the National Archive collection & are held at County Records Offices,in this case Herefordshire RO.
Do you have an LDS Family Centre near you?you can order the fiches from them & view them there.

jim
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline ancestrysurfer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 April 11 00:06 BST (UK) »
Hello, Jim!

Yes.  I spent about four hours at an LDS Family History Center yesterday.   It was very organized, and everyone was very helpful.   

I found christening records, which gave the full name of the father and the first name of the mother.  They matched the information I have.  Very excited, I pored over the marriage records from that same parish, looking for the wives' last names, but found nothing!  So funny that for generations the family had children christened in the same church, but there were NO records of a Pingree being married there. 

All I can think is that for sentimental reasons--or a more beautiful setting for a wedding, perhaps--they got married in a different church.   I have no idea where!  :)   Perhaps at some point, when all the parish records are digitized and available online, I'll be able to pull those records up.  I'm not really sure where to look.  I looked in Acton Beauchamp, and at a parish in Suckley. 

Offline SDSan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 04 January 18 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Job Pingree (c. 1784-1843) married my relative Ester Partridge (1795-before 1834) on 19 January 1816 at Cradley. They had a daughter Anne, baptised 12 May 1816, also at Cradley. Ester must have died before september 1834 when Job married Charlotte Terran. Ester's family farmed at Hydelow, Cradley and had come from Chaddesley Corbett in Worcestershire.

Offline Daisey105

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 November 18 19:24 GMT (UK) »
ancestrysurfer,
I am not sure if you still check this, but Job Pingree JR is my 3 times Great Grandfather!  I will be going to England in May 2019 and have plans to stop in this area.  What did you find out while you were there?  Did you find any headstones?  Did you go by the home with the waterwheel? My mother heard that one of her cousins went to the home.  Do you know anything about this?  Sorry for so many questions!  I am beyond excited!

Thanks!

Offline carom

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 12 November 18 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daisey
If you do a Google search for the Malvern Gazette, you should find an article written in Oct 2017 about the restoration of the waterwheel at Acton Mill Farm , now known as Acton Mill Care Farm, which mentions Job Pingree's birth there in 1837.

Offline Daisey105

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 12 November 18 21:18 GMT (UK) »
I saw that! Thank you! I have reached out to them to see if I can come for a visit!

Offline carom

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 13 November 18 08:19 GMT (UK) »
There is a very good local history centre in Bromyard, which is quite near Acton  Beauchamp, you can contact them on this link.They may well have more info on the Pingree family.
://bromyardhistorysociety.org.uk

Offline Daisey105

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 14 November 18 05:03 GMT (UK) »
Great! Thank you!

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 14 November 18 06:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daisy

I live near Acton Beachamp and can easily check the church yard for you if it would help

Kay