Author Topic: Elizabeth Mary Laura seaman (was buch)  (Read 1552 times)

Offline hols83

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Mary Laura seaman (was buch)
« on: Monday 18 April 11 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I'm trying to find a death record or at least a date of death for an ancestor of mine.
Elizabeth Mary Laura buch, who married Eric richard seaman in 1919. I know they emigrated to Canada and that Eric was in the military, but I can't seem to find a death record for Elizabeth, she was also known as Peggy to friends and family.
Any ideas
Hols83

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Mary Laura seaman (was buch)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 April 11 19:41 BST (UK) »
In case you don't have Eric's Attestation Paper you will find it at this link. At the top you will a link that would enable you order the complete military file which may provide extra info.

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/cef/001042-119.01-e.php?&id_nbr=220098&interval=20&&PHPSESSID=nusahopit2mt6t4fvtc24g1rf0

Eric returned from the war on the Grampian arriving Quebec City 02 Jul 1919. Elizabeth was on the same ship as an accompanying dependent of a soldier. They were going to Toronto, Ontario.
The manifest indicates Elizabeth was 26 and b. in Scotland. you can use this link to find the original images of the passsenger lists for free.

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/passengers-quebec-1865-1900/001082-100.01-e.php

Assuming they stayed on Ontario, due to privacy laws Ontario death indexes are only publicly available up to about 1938 and she most probably lived beyond that date. I don't see her in the available records at the moment. You will probably need to look for a newspaper obit.

Polarbear
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline hols83

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 April 11 19:45 BST (UK) »
Hi polar bear,

Thank you for the information. Have you any idea where to start looking for an obituary online, as I'm in the uk?

Thank you again
Hollie

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 April 11 20:51 BST (UK) »
This link should be hopefully be helpful. It is a pay site but you don't need to buy a great deal of time, even as little as 24 hours, if I remember correctly.

http://thestar.pagesofthepast.ca/

Polarbear
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 April 11 21:26 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Eric Richard's obituary is in the Star on April 18, 1967.  He died on April 17th at Sunnybrook Hospital, Toronto.  His wife is listed as Elizabeth Mary - not the "late" Elizabeth Mary.  Many other family members are mentioned.  If you need more details, let me know.  I think that Elizabeth died after 1967.  I will keep checking...

The obit says he is to be buried at Mount Pleasant Cemetery Toronto.

RK :)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 18 April 11 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

Elizabeth is in the Star on Thursday June 28, 1990.  It says she died at North York Extendicare (a seniors' residence) on June 26, 1990 - in her 97th year.  North York is the northern part of the City of Toronto. 

It is a good thing that Polarbear found the Toronto connection!!   Luckily, your ancestors stayed in Toronto and their obituaries are in the Toronto Star newspaper. 

RK :)     

Offline dev47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Message for Hols83 re: Elizabeth, Mary, Laura Buch
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 00:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Hols83,
If you receive this message please get in touch as my wife is a granddaughter of Elizabeth Buch and we believe you and she may be first cousins twice removed. Elizabeth Buch married Eric Seaman in England in 1919 and they then settled in Toronto Canada. They had two daughters, Marjorie and Olga.
Olga was my wife's mother. Thank you.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 11:40 BST (UK) »
Hello Dev,

Welcome to RootsChat :)

I have just merged your message to the correct topic so that the member is notified of your reply. To send a message back just click on the reply button at the end of the topic ;)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 13:52 BST (UK) »
Hello dev47 and a warm welcome to RootsChat  :)

In case you don't have it, I am posting a link to Eric's WW1 military file which has now been fully digitized. There are 54 pages in total and it will be very slow to download.

http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?op=pdf&app=CEF&id=B8752-S010

PB