Author Topic: Ellen, William and Gilbert CUTLER  (Read 6575 times)

Offline linrosern

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen, William and Gilbert CUTLER
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 January 14 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi There:
My grandparents were Harry and Rose Cutler.  My mother Florence Maud Cutler Russell is the only living child of this union.  She is presently 93 years old and lives just outside of Toronto, Ontario.
She was married to Alan Leonard Russell who passed away Oct. 4, 2003.

Linda

Offline linrosern

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 21 January 14 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann:
I'm sure my grandparents, Harry and Rose, kept in touch with William and Gilbert.  My mother, unfortunately, no longer remembers much.  She always thought Gilbert's  name was Bert because that's what he was called.  I spoke to her yesterday and she vaguely remembered hearing about Lillian's death.  I personally have done much more research on my father's side and my mother's William Birch side.

Sorry,  I couldn't be more helpful.
Cheers,
Linda

Offline KrisJan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen, William and Gilbert CUTLER AND wILLIAM ROBERT CUTLER OBE
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 June 20 06:19 BST (UK) »
dear matt94, lynnrose etc, It has taken me a long time toadd to this info which i found 2-3 years ago. I am the great granddaughter of William Cutler and Clarissa Norvell who emigrated to Australia with uncle Gilbert and his fiancee, wife and mother of 'Frankie.' All of William and Gilbert's descendents lived in the Hurstville area of Sydney although my Pa William Robert Cutler OBE ( known also as Bert - died in 1999) had little to do with his cousins in latter life. I have photos taken in High Wycombe when Bert and Gladys were there in 1952. These include William and Agnes, Florence, Harry etc. I would love to Visit the town and the properties Matt94 has mentioned. Kris (only grandchild of William Robert Cutler OBE)
William and Agnes Cutler, High Wycombe, UK
William and Clarissa Cutler, Sydney Australia
Squire Eastwood, Halifax Yorkshire and Sydney
Telford S Martin, Airdrie, Lanarkshire UK and Sydney
Edward and Maria Plummer Palmer's Island NSW
Rose E E Brown Murwillumbah NSW

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 05 June 20 14:27 BST (UK) »
8 Children listed below
Agnes 1874 Wycombe--died aged 2 SQ 1876 Leeds
Ellen   SQ 1875 Wycombe
William 1877 Leeds
Agnes Maud 1879 Leeds
Francis 1880 Leeds
Florence 1883 Leeds
Harry 1885 Leeds
Gilbert 1888 Wycombe

Appears they went to Leeds between SQ 1875-SQ 1876

Jojn

Offline linrosern

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 05 June 20 16:32 BST (UK) »
Hey Kris-Jan,

I'm Linda granddaughter of Harry and Rose Annie (Newell) Cutler.  My mother, who will be 100 on June 19, 2020 is Florence Maud Russell (nee Cutler) their daughter.

I have done a little research on my Australian family and it is a pleasure to "meet" you.  My mother told me recently that her dad Harry had wanted to go to Australia at some point but his wife Rose said he would have to go without her.  So, of course they remained in High Wycombe.

You mentioned you had some photos from 1952 when Bert and Gladys visited High Wycombe.  I would love to have a copy if you could maybe scan and email to me.  I have never seen pictures of my Great grandparents William and Agnes Cutler. My mother left England for Canada in 1946.  My email (if I'm allowed to post here is linrosern@cogeco.ca.

Thanks,
Linda