Author Topic: John Joseph DEVINE b. 1901 Glasgow to Australia 1912  (Read 6556 times)

Offline Loubyjane

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Joseph DEVINE b. 1901 Glasgow to Australia 1912
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 05:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Merlin,

I found the below message (noting it was posted in 2001) and am trying to contact the author of the message. I have written a letter to all  G South's in NSW in the hope of finding him as I would dearly love to find out what happened to my grandfather. Unfortunately as can be expected, email addresses get changed over the years and I haven't had any luck making contact this way.

Subject: [GALLACHER] GALLACHER HISTORY?
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:07:47 +1000

WARMEST GREETINGS FROM AUSTRALIA!

I am new to the List and was hoping that someone would know a little about the history of the Gallachers of Scotland. I can not find the Gallacher's in my Scottish surname books, it would seem to be a rare family name.

I have just found my grandfathers mothers name was Mary Gallacher from Glasgow. Mary married in 1893 Joseph Devine of Kinning Field, Lanark. There son John, born 1901, became my grandfather. My mother was Peggy Devine.

I would like to find out if the Gallachers were members of a Clan or associated with an area, etc.
Looking forward to hear from you all soon.
Regards
Grant
Sydney, Australia.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 05:46 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

You should modify your post to remove the email address, to protect that person from spam

EDIT TO ADD,  Thanks

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Loubyjane

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 06:33 BST (UK) »
Hi JM,
Thanks for the good advise and I have done so immediately. Never thought of that, although the email address is inactive, but still well worth remembering.
Cheers,
Louise.