Author Topic: Completed Thankyou  (Read 3739 times)

Offline artisann

• RootsChat Veteran
  • For all the help I have received ..
    • View Profile
Completed Thankyou
« on: Saturday 23 April 11 23:40 BST (UK) »
 dont know if anyone can help with this as I have very limited info...
Tying to find the marriage of Maureen Geraghty to her first husband  maybe late 30s early 40s. in Roscommon, this husband went on to drown himself....I dont even have his name but have been told the story of what took place at the time..long shot i know, thank you for reading this

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Suicide
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 April 11 02:19 BST (UK) »
What century are we in, Artisann?

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 April 11 02:50 BST (UK) »
What century are we in, Artisann?

Dawn M

;D

I'm guessing it might be the 1930's/40's (?) as artisann said s/he had been told the story, so within living memory?  ;)

Maybe a suicide would be written up in the local papers artisann? Maybe that would be a good place to start - it might mention his name, which would help in your search for their marriage ....

Is Geraghty her maiden or married name?

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 April 11 02:57 BST (UK) »
Yes Ruskie, I thought 1900s too, but you can never be sure.
Stories can be handed down through the generations so it could be 1800s or ??

Have to wait for confirmation which one.

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 April 11 10:42 BST (UK) »
artisann- the civil registration index is online (free) so you could probably narrow down the date of the marriage (and possibly the husband's death)-
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails&c=fs%3A1408347
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline artisann

• RootsChat Veteran
  • For all the help I have received ..
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 24 April 11 20:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you all so much for your reply's, Sorry I should have said 1930s/1940s...and yes Geraghty was her maiden, can I ask another question would the local papers be held in the library in Roscommon ...many thanks again  :)