Author Topic: Wardley Street Wandsworth  (Read 66440 times)

Offline Helen H

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wardley Street Wandsworth
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday 01 November 17 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I’m looking for any information about the Harman family who lived at no 9. My grandfather was Thomas Harman and he was killed in 1945. His dad was called Henry and he had many siblings, including Liz and Amy. I saw the photo of no 11! Most of our family now live in Devin but would be great to know if anyone still lives around there.

Many thanks

Helen

Offline JKH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Monday 06 November 17 01:16 GMT (UK) »
I just saw Masonblack68 post.

Sidney F Kent, son of Frederick Kent was married to my Nan's  ( Sarah Ann Hall, nee Planson) sister,  Louisa Mary Ann Planson.
I am interested in any information etc. on the Planson or Hall family. 

Joyce ( nee Hall)

Offline JKH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Monday 06 November 17 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I wrote a reply to you, but it went to the end of the thread, so you may not have seen.  It says that Sidney F Kent, son of Frederick, married my Nan's sister, Louisa(e) Mary Ann Planson.  My Nan was Sarah Ann Hall (nee Planson) My Nan and Grandad Joseph Hall lived in Lydden Grove, next to the sweetshop, Angelos, when I lived in Wardley Street. I think we lived there for about 4/5 years then moved when I was 8/9yrs old.  But I remember a lot, which surprised me!! I have not been able to track down my Great Great Grandfather, Pierre (Peter) Francois (Frank) Planson after 1870.  His children were Emile Albert Planson and Sophia Henrietta De Marco or Di Marco
 (nee Planson).  Anyone remembers hearing those names, please reply. 

Offline Lilliedee85

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Thursday 09 November 17 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi, was just wondering if anybody remembers or knows any information about the Bright or Taylor family.. My grandfather was born in 1940 in wardley street .. Pretty sure he said he was born in a trailer.. My grandfathers grandmothers name was Amy Taylor he's fathers name was George Fredrick bright.. I don't no he's mothers name and I'm trying to build my family tree so any help would be appreciated my grandfather also had a sister called Rita..

Offline Eric Metcalfe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 15:33 GMT (UK) »
I lived at 31wardly street from 1949 -1959 my

Offline Brooksy77

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Sunday 09 February 20 11:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,  I am a descendant of the Brooks family that lived on Wardley st, I have done a lot of research and believe my ancestors lived there quite a while before my grandfather (Henry 'rocky' Brooks) moved round the corner to Lydden grove, does anyone remember the Brooks and any memories/information on them? Would love to hear if so.. :-)

Marian x

Offline Eric Metcalfe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Sunday 09 February 20 12:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marian my sister Elsie married a wiliam brooks.sadly Elsie died in 2018.william died on the 25 of december2019.my family went to his funeral on January 31.the wake was held in the Grover arms at the top of wardley street. The brooks were a large family and when wardley street was declared slum area the brooks moved to the aboyn estate near tooting.i moved from London in 1957 I have fond memories of the time I lived with Elsie and William/bill as i knew him.if I can help with anything else.please get in touch.eric

Offline korner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday 12 February 20 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have some old photographs of Wardley Street that I can’t seem to upload. If anyone is interested I’ll try and find a way to get them to you.
Xx

Offline Eric Metcalfe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Thursday 13 February 20 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Yes please I would love to see them if possible.eric