Author Topic: Location of Paradise Row, Wexford, on OS maps  (Read 2737 times)

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Location of Paradise Row, Wexford, on OS maps
« on: Monday 25 April 11 21:37 BST (UK) »
My great-grandfather lived for many years on Paradise Row, which is one of the vanished streets of Wexford.  I thought it would be relatively easy to find Paradise Row on the OS 1/25" maps of Wexford which are now available online. However, not so, did not spot the place, which I thought was in the vicinity of Grogan's Road.
Could someone provide a link to the OS maps, showing the location of Paradise Row?
Thanks,
  Wexflyer
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Location of Paradise Row, Wexford, on OS maps
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 April 11 21:41 BST (UK) »
there was a topic which discussed various lanes in the town, and included a description of where Paradise Row was located  - see Wexford Lanes

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 April 11 21:46 BST (UK) »
following nickr90's directions I found the lane marked on the c1890s 25" map - see : Paradise Row

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 April 11 22:03 BST (UK) »
there was a topic which discussed various lanes in the town, and included a description of where Paradise Row was located  - see Wexford Lanes

Shane

But I am afraid that that description relies on one knowing where Cory's Terrace is....

Wexflyer
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 25 April 11 22:06 BST (UK) »
Waterloo Rd and Corry's Villas are shown on Google Maps - see - link

S.
My Surname Interests

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 25 April 11 22:29 BST (UK) »
following nickr90's directions I found the lane marked on the c1890s 25" map - see : Paradise Row

Shane

Thank you very much, much obliged. I guess I missed it previously as my expectation for what I was looking for was a road all the way to Grogan's raod, rather than a cul-de-sac.
- Wexflyer