Author Topic: Marriages & Baptisms in Paris, France  (Read 12965 times)

Offline j9dw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Marriages & Baptisms in Paris, France
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 28 April 11 22:37 BST (UK) »
The Jersey link to Feuvrier interests me, though the birth of my distant relative was in Paris, the family were clock makers who oddly originate nr. Switzerland.

Redroger, I'm so sorry, I was wrong. It's a long time since I've been on that branch of the tree & I'm afraid the name isn't Feuvrier; I was thinking of Le Fevre.

Offline j9dw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 28 April 11 23:02 BST (UK) »
There's a nice genealogical word list here which might help some.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/RG/Guide/WLFrench.ASP

[..........]

The 1859 and before records are up but just as indexes (I think they do intend to put the actual records up eventually but I can't find the page again where they were talking about timescales).

https://www.familysearch.org/
 does have a possible baptism for Louis Alfred Cuquemelle, bap. St-Sulpice, Paris in 1828 and various indexed records for his family.  If this is him, his parents' marriage is indexed as in Saint-Germain-En-Laye - very close to Paris (wikipedia describes it as being part of the "western suburbs" of the city) but officially part of Yvelines department, so the records are at http://www.yvelines.fr/archives/archives/accueilbase.htm

I always forget about familysearch.org! Thank you for reminding me & thanks for the other links.
Janine

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 29 April 11 13:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks anyway, Le Fevre is not uncommon in England, in parts of Yorkshire unfortunately to the bearers it is pronounced as Fever.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline emmsthheight

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 August 11 22:08 BST (UK) »
Hi

What a brilliant resource the Paris registration is!

thank you very much!

Best wishes

Emms
Hoey : Louth, Dublin, Lancashire,
Diggle: Pendleton Lancashire,
Stickley: Dorset, Lancashire
Bockmann, Boedemann etc Artist, Europe and London

English Merchants in Brazil and Portugal especially Carruthers family

1st Battalion Connaught rangers WW1

Website:  Look  out for new website coming soon to replace Fells and Seas

Offline karen76

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 08 September 11 00:19 BST (UK) »
Victoria Cuquemelle is also an ancestor of mine so I was really pleased to come across this conversation! Thanks to the advice on here I've been able to make much more progress than I would have done otherwise!

Janine - I've had some luck tracing Louis Alfred Cuquemelle's family but have hit a brick wall with Reine Warnier. I would love to know if you got any further tracing her background?

Many thanks

Karen

Offline emmsthheight

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 09 September 11 00:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen  :)

Welcome to Rootschat!

You've come to the right place for help.  Briiliant news you;ve made progress.  If you have one more post - like replying to mine, you can swop more information with Janine in a personal message too, for instance 9if it's too rrecent to publish on the board. 

- Just hover and click pon the icon on the lefvt of one of her posts, then it's a bit like posting.

Welcome again.

Best wishes

Emms :)
Hoey : Louth, Dublin, Lancashire,
Diggle: Pendleton Lancashire,
Stickley: Dorset, Lancashire
Bockmann, Boedemann etc Artist, Europe and London

English Merchants in Brazil and Portugal especially Carruthers family

1st Battalion Connaught rangers WW1

Website:  Look  out for new website coming soon to replace Fells and Seas

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 09 September 11 16:33 BST (UK) »
Just a question to which I should know the answer, How far back do the French records go as I have possible Hugenots in my tree in the 18th century and earlier?
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 09 September 11 18:31 BST (UK) »
Date of first record epends on location.
Civil records start around 1793 (early years are sometimes a bit dodgy). Before that you have parish records.
Catholic church records, for the parishes I'm interested in the Vendee department, vary in starting dates - 1650, 1688, occasionally going back to the late 1500s. (often there will be damage/gaps, of course). There is one for which the early records seem to have been lost leaving that line hanging around in the mid-1700s.
Protestant records they also have online - earliest 1636. Depending on the location again - there may be some areas for which you go back before 1600 (but probably not far before).

On the side of Reine Warnier, an important document to locate would be the marriage to Louis Alfred Cuquemelle.
I did find a possible birth - Reine Warnier, 21 April 1841 - in the Paris documents, but this is part of the "reconstructed" records so no further info on the index than that (there should be more info but not online, I think).
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 09 September 11 20:28 BST (UK) »
Many thanks indeed. My possible Hugenot ancestors "Moule" were in  Cambridgeshire in the 18th century, so if they were Hugenot it's sometime back.