Author Topic: Clark  (Read 9743 times)

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clark
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 14:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Shelleyesq, thanks for that, I have checked it out unfortunately they don't apear to be there however it also led me to , Physician Certificates on Diploma,,  this is not in alphabetical order and in vol' 3 there are 498 pages  to trawl through so I have started and am now at page 55 with a headache coming on, I'll get back to it later . I have also just found what might be another draft paper for Henry in WWI 1917 1918 residence Tioga New York so maybe thats where I should be looking for a marriage , I'll go and get those tablets then things might look a little clearer. Thanks again, Nikitah. PS Sorry I cant keep up with your fast responses, just noticed more from Sandra ,thank you, I will post this then take a look at the others

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 15:10 BST (UK) »
 Hi Sandra, I still havn't got those tablets, that's definately Sadie she was born at VESSEY PASTURES in East Yorkshire England, so that means she graduated in Canada. if she went to Cleveland , then it looks like she would have married there! back to the drawing board Many thanks, Nikitah

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 15:20 BST (UK) »
Too many pages of names can definitely make your head spin, but hopefully something will turn up.  There are some Cleveland marriage records here - http://probate.cuyahogacounty.us/ml/ - but I didn't see them.

The Social Security Death index has Henry T. Clark with the same birth date on the draft registration cards and a death date of 15 Feb. 1967, a bit later than the date in the Ohio death index.  His last residence was Cincinnati.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 05 May 11 11:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra and shellyesq, thanks for all your help, just to keep you posted, I sent a email off to Cincinnatti Library,I got a quick response, they, of course are very busy and my application could take upto 6 weeks but I'm very hopeful at last we are getting somewhere, catch you later, Nikitah.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 12 May 11 12:01 BST (UK) »
 Hi to you all, just this morning I have received a reply from Cincinnati Library, so it took them less than 2 weeks  8) . It would seem that Dr Ruth Ferris who is mentioned on his draft paper is his Sister, it also mentions another sister Blanche Holmes and 3 brothers William, Lacey  and Raymond , his daughter June Beraha (who was then living at Miami beach Florida but I think she died at Hamilton), and his Son also Henry T of Cincinnati, also 2 grandchildren,  unfortunately no names for these or whoes children they are.Questions now, what happened to Sarah?, whoes children are the Grandchildren?,and are there still relatives living out there in the U S A, Also where did Sarah graduate?, since my last visit I have discovered Sarah emigrated in 1911 on the ship "Canada" of the Dominian Line, A domestic ,I know she was working for a Doctor George Symers Mill and his family in Ossett Dewsbury Yorkshire as a domestic ,in the 1911 census, If anyone can help me any further with any of this information I will be eternally grateful. Well done to Cincinnati Library. Nikitah

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 12 May 11 13:49 BST (UK) »
The 1940, 1942, 1944, & 1948 Cincinnati city directories have this:
Clark, Henry T. (Sadie C.) Physician and Surgeon, X-ray Work, Hours 2 to 4 and 7 to 8 PM Daily, Thursdays, Sundays, and Holidays, 11 to 12 M, 805 W. 9th, Tel Parkway 6345, home 515 Forest av, Tel University 3080

The 1945 Cincinnati city directory has the same information, but there is also an entry for Sadie Clark, nurse at Jewish Hospital and living at 515 Forest av.

1951 Cincinnati city directory
Clark, Henry T. (Sadie C.) physician 805 W. 9th, home 358 Howell
Clark, Henry T. jr., resides 358 Howell
Clark, June, teacher Bond Hill School, resides 358 Howell

What were Sarah's parents' names?  Can you get an exact date of birth for Sarah? 

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 12 May 11 14:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Shelleyesq, this is getting very exciting, yes I have an exact birthdate fore Sadie , Sarah Eliza Calam September 12th 1889 at Vessey Pastures  Malton Yorkshire, Parents Frank Calam and Mary Jane nee Pickering. Looking at the information you have kindly provided me with ,  and to add a little more mystery, on Henry 's draft papers his address was given as 515 Forest Avenue Cincinnati, his place of employment is 805 W 9th, I'm truely grateful for your help , I look forward to the next installment, Kind regards Nikitah

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 12 May 11 15:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Nikitah,

Fantastic news on the Obituary, wonder if they could help you out with June Beraha. I looked at Juine last week but did'nt discover anything more - except there was an entry on the California Divorce Index for a June M Beraha from Sami in Santa Barbara 16th August 1984 !! Not many of that name around.

There is a SSDI entry for S Elizabet Trump with the same birth date !! Could your Sadie/Sarah have remarried ?  The thing to puit me off that record was the SSN was issued District of Columbia and you would think your Sadie/Sarah would have one issed in Ohio.  ???

S. Elizabet Trump. Born 12 th September and Died May 1974
Last Residence:   80033  Wheat Ridge, Jefferson, Colorado,
SSN issued:   District of Columbia (Before 1951)

Still looking
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 12 May 11 15:49 BST (UK) »
I think I may have found her - http://ccocfc5.cemeterydata.com/rhv/BOW/view?personID=RHV36423L  I'm not sure what the bit about the spouse's name was about - maybe that was the person who owned the plot or something?