Author Topic: kilgannon-Sonnagh-Glenamaady-Roscommon  (Read 6709 times)

Offline mr pinkwhistle

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: kilgannon-Sonnagh-Glenamaady-Roscommon
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 17:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much.You are brilliant.I never knew that site existed and I recognise  some of the names of my grandfathers brothers and at least one sister.

Offline mr pinkwhistle

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 May 11 19:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all the site information.It has been very helpful to me and has pointed me in the right direction!!
kind regards

Offline Kat Rooney Kilgannon

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 30 June 17 18:47 BST (UK) »
My grandfather was born in Sonnagh,Glenamaddy,Roscommon in 1912.(Owen Francis Kilgannon).He had lots of brothers and sisters but I dont know there names because he didn't talk much about them.All I know about his father is his name was Michael Kilgannon and his mother was Ellen.Michael had a sister called Celia and I have found them in the 1901 census living with his mother in East Sonnagh and sister.He is on the 1911 census aged about 45 with his wife Ellen and daughter Annie aged 1.I know nothing else at all and I wonder whether anyone can point me in the right direction in researching the family back because I have found it very difficult.I know Michael came from Galway and so did his mother but where do I go next because researching them has been very difficult.Any help would be apppreciated!
Hello.
My name is kilgannon and my dad was Owen's brother.