Author Topic: Seeking info on William Robertson, husband's great uncle  (Read 7919 times)

Offline gizzysmum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking info on William Robertson, husband's great uncle
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 September 12 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hi John

Sorry, I have just realised that I can't send you a PM until you make at least aother two posts.

I can tell you that your grandfather, John, was my mother in law's brother, so I would be able to pass on a great deal of information.  Have you seen a photo of William or Jane?  I can also email or PM those to you. 

Hope to be in touch with you soon!

Mary
Stevenson-Banffshire, Australia
McKimmie-Fordyce, Banffshire, Ross and Cromarty
Napier-Old Deer
Lawson-Aberdeen
Gauld-Glass, By Huntly
Benzies-Insch, Aberdeenshire

Offline 3407johns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 September 12 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Can i take an educated guess that your mother in law was known as Nan?

I have never seen a photo of them no, i do have a couple of John though. I think your husband and my grandmother Marion were cousins.

would love to know more.

John

Offline 3407johns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 September 12 19:10 BST (UK) »
P.S thank you, this is the furthest ive ever went to finding out about my family.

Offline Teddyted

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 13:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Gordon and John

Just came across the correspondence you both had in 2011  and 2012 with Mary regarding William Stevenson and Jane Robertson.  I am the Great Grand-daughter of William and Jane.  My mother was Marjory, daughter of Ann.  I don't know if you are both still on this forum, if you are I would be delighted to hear from you as this side of the family is a bit of a mystery to us. 

Mary is my auntie, however, due to ill health I am assuming she is no longer using the forum.  Sadly none of the information she gathered was shared with us.  My mum, Marjory, passed away in 2013 and sadly didn't really discuss the family background with me and siblings.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jackie

Offline KENLAUR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 13 December 18 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi folks
I have just been reading the posts about William Stevenson and Jane Robertson.
They are also my Gr Grand Parents.My Grandfather was John Stevenson and my Mother was Eleanor Stevenson Daughter of John.My Mother,s middle name is Jane after her Grandmother Jane Robertson.
I spent a lot of my Childhood at Headrooms of Ord with my Grandparents  and can remember briefly Anne Stevenson my Grandfathers Sister and after my Mother past away I have often wondered what became of that part of the Family.I seem to recall a Family visiting us when we stayed at Orden,s Farm (just down the road from Headrooms) back in the 1960,s and that they may have come from Aberdeen and that the name Marjory rings a Bell.
I have been able to find much of the Stevenson Line of my Family but I too have had difficulty in getting clear Information on Jane Robertson and Elsphet Norrie.
I also have a Photo of William and Jane,s Headstone as they are Buried at Marnoch Cemetery.My own Parents are also Buried there.
I would welcome any other information and can possibly help other,s as well.
                          Thanks
                                     Kenny

Offline KENLAUR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 15 December 18 11:25 GMT (UK) »
John/Jackie
I was hoping over the Christmas period to dig out any information regarding William and Jane and would love to here from you and unravel a few things as I have tried to piece things togetherand work out where everyone fits in!
         Look forward to hearing from you
                              Kenny

Offline KENLAUR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 15 December 18 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Gordon
Would love to hear from you and understand how everything pieces together as I find it all quite confusing and fascinating !
           Kenny

Offline Teddyted

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 29 December 18 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kenny.  So sorry I haven't been in touch, hadn't expected a reply as it has been so long since I originally posted on this site, however, I am delighted to hear from you.  I am also delighted to hear that Ann did have a brother as when I initially started to investigate this part of our family the registrar in Banff advised me she didn't gave any siblings!  I found this really odd as I remember clearly my Grandma (Ann) speaking about her brother, sadly, as I was so young, I can't really remember what she said. I remember my mum kept in touch via post with a lady called Marion (I believe was her cousin) and I do recall visiting Marion when I was very small.  I think Marion lived in Keith with her husband Sandy.  I am a little reluctant to put too much information on this page as Ann (my Grandma) was a very private person.  It wasn't until she past away we as a family heard about her background therefore I would like to respect this.  Is there a way we can post privately? 
Jackie

Offline KENLAUR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 07 January 19 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Jackie
I have sent a couple of PM,s to yourself with my E/Mail Address but not sure if they have gone through as I hav,nt had a reply.If you read this can you let me know and if you don,t have them I will try again
               thanks
                  Kenny