Author Topic: earsdon church?? 1971 Burial HELP.  (Read 7959 times)

Offline Valtaya

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
earsdon church?? 1971 Burial HELP.
« on: Sunday 08 May 11 14:58 BST (UK) »
Hiya.
My dad is trying to find where his older brother is burried - we have been told Earsdon Church. I live in Nottingham and my dad is in Australia so its a bit far for us to come searching round. My dad is coming over in August, however, and would love to go see his brothers grave for the first time.

Stephen Michael Asbury - Born July 1961 and Died 1Q 1971.
All we know is that he was raised in a hospital in a vegetive state and his parents left him there and moved to Nottinghamshire.

I honestly do not know where to start with this one - its so much easier to find out things from the 1800s than it is for more recent events!!

Thank you in advance for reading this.
Bell - Kimberley,
Dewey - Kimberley,
Manners - Ilkeston,
Lee - Eastwood,
Asbury - Birmingham,

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cass

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: earsdon church?? 1971 Burial HELP.
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 May 11 20:22 BST (UK) »
Hi I dont live too far from Earsdon Church. I am at work this week but on holiday week after so will try to get up to have a look. Not sure if easiest way is to just walk around cemetry and hope to see it! Cass
Cumbria - Whitfield, Fagan, Murphy, Sloan, Weighman, Ousby, Brunskill
Hampshire - Alford
Ireland - County Down - Fagan, Murphy
Kidderminster - Whitfield

Offline Valtaya

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 08 May 11 20:32 BST (UK) »
Oh thank you Cass that would be great!! Im not expecting a big headstone with the parents just leaving him at a hospital!!
Apparently my fathers Grandparents are in there too and Im sure I heard he may be with them.. or near them...
Edward Asbury and Florence Asbury are there names.
Bell - Kimberley,
Dewey - Kimberley,
Manners - Ilkeston,
Lee - Eastwood,
Asbury - Birmingham,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 08 May 11 22:30 BST (UK) »
There is a notice near the entrance ,saying if you require information,about a grave you may telephone the vicar,its not a huge cemetery, I was there last week,I did see the vicar floating around ,but i didn't see where he went as when I did go up to the church it was locked,so if any one is passing they might stop and get the telephone number for you,
the more modern part of the cemetery isn't over grown at all and very well tended,as is the area to the front and sides of the church ,its just the ground in the trees,I do believe from the three council officials I spoke to on Wednesday that they are looking into placing new paths and clearing away some of the over grown areas,it is a designated area for wild life,so they have to be carefull,other than that I couldn't think of a nicer place to be buried,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline cass

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 09 May 11 20:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Valtaya, have been up to St Albans church in Earsdon tonight to have a look for your uncle's grave. I went up and down each row but could not find graves for Stephen, florence or Edward. There are quite a few headstones that are unreadable and part of the church yard is overgrown but I think these burials would be very old. There is a number to ring but I didnt have a pen to write it down but my friend's father used to be some kind of helper at the church so I will ask her if she knows the best way to get any information. Cass
Hampshire - Alford

Offline Michael Dixon

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 09 May 11 22:39 BST (UK) »

Earsdon Cemetery is one of the seven cemeteries administered by North Tyneside District council. ( Telephone 0345-2000-101)

The Burials and Cemeteries office will be able to tell you for sure, whether Stepnen is in Earsdon Cemetery, and the exact position of the grave.

Michael
Names.

GALLAGHER ( + variations).
Areas. Co Sligo, Co Leitrim, Co Mayo. IRELAND.
Ontario, CANADA
Lowell, Ma, USA
Counties of Northumberland & Durham, ENGLAND
-------------------------------------------------------------------
MALEY/MELIA/MALLEY  - with or without " O "
Westport Co Mayo. Northumberland
-------------------------------------------------------------------
DIXON
Cumberland.. Brampton, Carlisle, ENGLAND

Census information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.

Offline cass

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 20 May 11 09:01 BST (UK) »
Friend has spoken to the vicar. He does not keep burial records there anymore - they were moved to Woodhorn (Ashington). But he did say that 1971 burials would be at the bottom in the newer bit and was run by North Tyneside Council (0191 2005862). These graves are the easier to read and I did not find him there but as you say he may be buried with his grandparents. Cass
Hampshire - Alford

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 20 May 11 11:47 BST (UK) »
I may be at Earsdon Wednesday ,if I can I will have a look for it for you, and thanks for the information regarding the records being kept at Woodhorn as I need one looking up myself,but a very old one,
Gillian
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,