Author Topic: Search "french" mariage Paddington 1st june 1887  (Read 5252 times)

Offline LAKERMANCE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Search "french" mariage Paddington 1st june 1887
« Reply #9 on: Monday 09 May 11 21:46 BST (UK) »
Hello,

You are all fantatic. ;)
quick,precise and different answers from different people.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Moreover you correct my error because the name Armstrong is wrong and I didn't remember that these informations comes from ancestry.com.
But because I never pay for genealogy I don't have all the informations.
What can i do without people like you  :)
In your answers I see that Ernestine's father was Dr LAKERMANCE and it's strange because the only person who could be this man married in Tours (Center of France) in 1849 and then lived in Paris. Decease where and when ??
It was Pierre LAKERMANCE born in Saint Denis on the Reunion Island (just between Capetown and Calcutta). Strange isn't it ?
I don't know the exact translation but in 1849 he was a surgeon in the Marine (hey hey! Dr=surgeon).
I know that his widow married later in the suburbs of Paris and when one of his children married, he was declared dead.
did he divorce and left France for India?
Thierry
the oo

Offline LAKERMANCE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 09 May 11 22:04 BST (UK) »
hello

I have a lot of things to say and my message is too long. Then a second message.
By the way ,sorry for my english (marriage with 2 RR in english). 8)

Does anybody know how to search the act when this Dr LAKERMANCE died in Calcutta ? is there a database somewhere?

I don't know how to search in England but I think it's the same than in France. One civil marriage and maybe a religious marriage. For both the name of the parents are written to prove the identity of the person.
Then I think that the exact name  of this Dr Lakermance (Pierre ? sometimes Pierre Ernest) is written in one of these acts. In St Mary ? what is Bayswater ? a town ?

One more time thanks a lot for all the informations you found.
I know you all speak english but if you are interested I have a site on
http://thierry.lakermance.free.fr

Best regards
Thierry

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 09 May 11 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hi, Can I just check a few of your statements please.

Dr Pierre Lakermance is Enestine's father and he married Esther Hunt in 1849 in Tours.
Ernestine W Lakermance was born in Calcutta 26 April 1859.
You say his widow re-married in Paris, but Esther is shown as Lakermance still in 1901 census?

You say when one of his children married he was given as dead, how many children did he have? where were they born? when did they marry?
Where the other children were born would give some indication of where he was living in those years.
Did it not give his full name on their marriage certificates?
The date of the marriage that gives him as deceased will help with a time line for his death.He is alive c. 1859 and deceased by 1887 at her marriage.
There may be an obituary or death notice in a newspaper.
You will only get the details of Ernestine's english marriage by ordering a copy online you would have to give their names and the place was Paddington the quarter was June and the year was 1887 ref.number 1a133.

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 09 May 11 23:04 BST (UK) »
There was a Renne Lakermance who traveled to New York, and Lakermance's who traveled to Australia, I do not have access to the full details.

Jennifer

Offline LAKERMANCE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 10 May 11 21:22 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Here are my informations about Pierre Ernest LAKERMANCE. He was born the 12th of july 1824 at St Denis (Reunion Island). He was a surgeon in the marine when he married a french girl Julie LAMICHE at Tours (center of France) the 24th of august 1850.
In the same year of 1850 he had his first son Jules Arthur and another son in 1852 in Tours.
his last daughter Isabelle was born in Paris in 1856.
when Jules Arthur married in 1879 in Paris, her father is given as dead (no date) and it's written that his mother Julie LAMICHE is re-married.
I know that Pierre LAKERMANCE's widow married with a new man the 26th of december 1868.
So I know that he is dead between 1856 (birth of Isabelle) and 1868 (re-married widow).
I will try to read the new marriage of his widow in 1868 but I need to go in the archives of Montreuil near Paris. I think that maybe the exact date of death is written inside.
 more informations in my next message

Thierry

Offline LAKERMANCE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 10 May 11 21:40 BST (UK) »
For Ernestine In Paddington it's just an hypothesis because dates seem to be possible.
I found the date in this page http://www.ancestry.com/community/researchers.aspx?ln=Lugranon&rcnty=London&fms=
 but I can't contact the person Teresa Bettencourt because I have no access to ancestry.com If someone has an account on this site and if it's free, you can give my mail *

It's true that the second first name of Pierre is Ernest and the name Ernestine is near. Moreover Pierre Ernest had a sister dead  at 8 and a niece with the same names Ernestine. hazard ?
Pierre could have divorced after 1856 or left France suddenly to return on his island and married Esther Hunt maybe in India or South Africa.

Jennifer, when you say "ordering a copy online you would have to give their names and the place was Paddington the quarter was June and the year was 1887 ref.number 1a133."
Where can i do this ?A site ? I agree to pay for a reasonable price but where and how ?
 Best regards
Thierry

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 10 May 11 22:18 BST (UK) »
You can apply at www.gro.gov.uk, this is the General Register Office in England it should cost £9.25.

Jennifer

Offline msr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 10 May 11 22:26 BST (UK) »
I was just giving you the same information Thierry.   
If you add                  /gro/content/certificates/    after uk it should take you straight to the page.

I ordered a certificate on 4 May and it arrived 9 May. 

I have sent a message to Teresa at Ancestry asking her to contact you.

Perhaps I am not the only one to do so.

Good luck with your search.

Susan

Offline LAKERMANCE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 16 June 11 21:21 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Yesterday I received a document proving the identity of Ernestine's father named Pierre Ernest LAKERMANCE.
My hypothesis seems to be the good one because it's written in the second mariage in 1868 in France  that the first husband of Julie LAMICHE is dead in Allahabod in England the 7th of june 1865.
This town is certainly Allahabad in India not so far from Calcutta where Ernestine was born.
Pierre Ernest LAKERMANCE was an uncle of my grand father.

With your help, your advices  it's now more clear.
In the same time I've been contacted by a descendant of Ernestine Lakermance who lives in California and she's happy to know more about her ancestors.

Thanks for what you did and I think this subject can be closed.

Thierry LAKERMANCE