Author Topic: Nantwich All Saints Barony/Nantwich Barony Photo Requests re Billington Family  (Read 4584 times)

Offline marthaannie

• RootsChat Senior
  • marthaannie
    • View Profile
Sem 73
Pepsi62
Photo Requests
Nantwich All Saints Barony

Billington, William, Eliza, George Thomas, William, William & Alice
(Eliza Simmons)
Billington, Thomas, Jane & Jessie and Clara & John Edwards
(Jane Wright)
Billington, John, Harriet, John Thomas, Thomas and Alice & Arnold Owen
(Harriet Williamson)
Billington, Peter, Peter & Martha
(Martha Singleton former owners of Peacock Inn)
Blackburn, Henry, Mary Jane, Clara, Olive, Alice & Edith
(Mary Jane Billington)

Nantwich Barony
Billington, William (1970) & Annie (1987)
(does this grave give any more details please, maybe one of mine, but a later date than I have details on.......) would love  :) to connect to my tree!

I am so pleased that you have these photographs available to share; a really great find and thank you in anticipation.

Regards, marthaannie

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Nantwich All Saints Barony/Nantwich Barony Photograph Requests
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 May 11 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Marthannie

Not a problem!....for starters.....William & Eliza grave at top of page on ....

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,217618.75.html

Sarah :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Davies/Griffiths/Smith/Woodward/Goodwin/Morrlle/Moralee - Flintshire

Moralee (and variants) - Durham

Offline marthaannie

• RootsChat Senior
  • marthaannie
    • View Profile
Re: Nantwich All Saints Barony/Nantwich Barony Photograph Requests
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 May 11 22:20 BST (UK) »
sem73
Hello Sarah

Thank you. I really appreciate your efforts the photograph is so clear; a great addition to my ancestry file..... :)

Kind regards, marthaannie

Offline marthaannie

• RootsChat Senior
  • marthaannie
    • View Profile
sem73

Hello

Would it be ok for me to give you a reminder about the other photographs?   

With thanks.

Kind regards, marthaannie

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Nantwich All Saints Barony/Nantwich Barony Photo Requests re Billington Family
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 May 11 11:45 BST (UK) »
hi marthaannie

Not a problem have sent u a pm...

sarah :)

Offline marthaannie

• RootsChat Senior
  • marthaannie
    • View Profile
Hello sem73

I am really sorry to trouble you, I did find the photograph of William Billington and Eliza (Simmons), thank you and such a clear view.

Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to locate the other photographs re the pm you sent to me.  Would it be possible to point me to the right direction where they are located.

I have all the families listed as descendants of my 5xgrt grandfather Hugh Billington, Hatter from Nantwich.

The only query I still have is the photograph from the Nantwich Barony of William and Annie Billington, hopefully the information on the gravestone will point me to the correct descendants.

Thank you, marthaannie

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Hi marthaannie

Long time no "speak"!.....not a problem, have found Annie & William at Barony All Saints, plenty of names to ponder....Billington, Mason, Winby & Salt.

PM me your e-mail address & I'll send it over!

Sarah :)

Offline marthaannie

• RootsChat Senior
  • marthaannie
    • View Profile
Hello sem73
Thank you for emailing the photograph, very pleased.
marthaannie

Offline Debra Rosemarie Bowker

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nantwich All Saints Barony/Nantwich Barony Photo Requests re Billington Family
« Reply #8 on: Monday 14 January 19 22:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello MarthaAnnie
I have just joined this site and saw your post regarding the Billington family .
My great -auntie on my fathers mothers side was called Margory Billington (nee Platt) she was married to George Billington She was 18 years younger than my grandmother Elizabeth and was the youngest of 8 children . Six Girls including indentical twin sister Elsie and Evelyn Platt ) another sister  Bertha Platt and Emily Platt (.Mother of Gordon Platt born 1923 ) .There were also two boys Alfred and Stanley Platt who died as young babies 9 and 18 months Nanna told me . Great Auntie Margory and George Billington never had any children sadly . She mentioned this often . They used to have rescue dogs one was called Trixie . I visited Nantwich with my family many times as a child and teenager and often stayed with auntie Margory and uncle george  who alsways made us so welcome .with my parents siblings and nanna and grandad Henry ( known as Harry ) in the big house she lived in in Park Road think it was called 'Ferndale 'in Nantwich or we stayed with Auntie Emily or Auntie Elsie  who lived in same road and around the corner in next road . My grandmother's name was Elizabeth Bowker (nee Platt) she was born on 18th November 1882 .
I would love pictures of gravestones of my ancestors both sides of my fathers side( Donald Crawford Bowker born 20th October 1933) in Wolverton Buckinghamshire . His father was Henry Crawford Bowker Born 18 November 1889 Conway North Wales  gravestones . My fathers Grandmother fathers side was Maria Jane Bowker (nee Twigg ) who was widowed early when her husband Earnest Crawford Bowker passed away she remarried Mr Birchall and she passed away in 1934. Would love pictures of gravestones Bowker Billington Birchall Platt Twigg.if Sarah who made posts regarding Photos of gravestones in All Saints Barony Nantwich and Whitehouse lane  sees this please get in contact or anyone who thinks they may be related to me .Birchalls are via my great Grandmother Maria Jane Bowker (nee Twigg ) then Birchall.
Thanks in advance .
Kind Regards.
Debbi Rose Marie x