Author Topic: James Murphy  (Read 2902 times)

Offline MurphysLaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Grandad Ken
    • View Profile
James Murphy
« on: Wednesday 11 May 11 16:36 BST (UK) »
Hi - I am new on here and I am looking for some help regarding my relative. I am a member of various geneaology sites etc and so far none of them have helped me with my picture search. I have found all the info I need and documents regarding my relative and his family which have tied up loose ends but we still have no photo....

I started reserching my family history about a year ago, The passing of my grandfather sparked my search as I wanted to chase a story about his family that I was never allowevd to speak of as a child. My nan (his wife)opened up to me and since then i have been fascinated about my great-grandfather who was James Murphy....

He lived in South Croydon (Near Purley and Kenley, England)
He was born 1898 to James and Jane (Nee Hoadley) Murphy
and he married (1921) to a Rose Driver b.1901 d.1997

They had 3 children although one boy was not James' blood-child. One of the two who were his blood-babies was my grandfather.

James died on 3rd August 1927, 4 months after the birth of my grandfather. James died in a very sad and uneccesary situation and sadly because he was only 29 at the time of his death I have no photos of him, many of his immediate family have all passed on and of course my still living grandmother never met this future father in lawof hers and my grandad never met his father.

James' wife abandoned my grandfather after the death of James and so my grandad never even had a photo of his father... therefore none of the recent generation have ever known what James looked like... and i am desperate to find out!!!!
So if anyone has a photo of my James Murphy born in croydon, surrey, england 1898 then i would love to have a copy. This piece of family history means so much to my family and I that i cannot possibly explain how happy we would feel to recieve his photo....

thank you
Murphys of Croydon, Surrey, England.
James Murphy b.1898 d.1927 - PHOTOGRAPHS

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Murphy
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 May 11 17:56 BST (UK) »
Hello - can't help you with a photo -but maybe could give you more family names

The marriage was 1921
Marriage reg
Jun qtr 1921
Croyden
James Murphy
Rose E Driver
2a 770

There are possibly 5 children for this couple
Births registered
Jun qtr 1921
Dec qtr1922
Dec qtr 1924
Dec qtr1925
Jun qtr 1927

I will check if thereare deaths for these children as we are not allowed to post names/details of the living/possibly living/recently deceased

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 May 11 18:28 BST (UK) »
Possibly this was the firstborn (maybe not blood)
birth registered same quarter as james/Rose E's marriage

Birth reg freeBMD
James Victor Murphy
Jun qtr 1921 Croyden

Possible death reg
James Victor Murphy
born 15 Apr 1921
death reg Jun qtr 1995
age 74
Croyden D74B 2251D 97

possibly he married Jessie K Turner in 1947??

the death cert would give address where he died and informants name - so may be some photos in that family??

the other children -although I could find possible marriages for them -I couldn't find death reg's so won't post names

Have you Rose's death reg??

Rose Elizabeth Murphy
born 13 mar 1900
death reg May 1991
Surrey South Western
age 91
17 1445

if this is correct death reg maybe some information of family could be obtained from death cert or reports in local newspapers

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 May 11 18:33 BST (UK) »
Possibly one of the daughters married in 1943 and had 4 children -allbirths reg Croyden -there are also addresses for the father in the 1970's in Croyden

Suz

Offline MurphysLaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Grandad Ken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 11 May 11 20:56 BST (UK) »
Hi guys. Sorry to disappoint but i already have this info- they are the ends tied up that I mentioned at start of my post. I know James mutphys story and I have got all his family details. I just need a picture now to complete.

Thanks for your help though. If anyone can get a pic it would be invaluable to me'. Thanks

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 14 May 11 18:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,

As you stated James had 3 children -I thought you may not have details of the other 2 (possibilities) and it may have given you more family to follow up.

I expect you have checked on Genes Reunited with anyone who is researching any of the family names

Suz

Offline MurphysLaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Grandad Ken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 16 May 11 14:43 BST (UK) »

Have you Rose's death reg??

Rose Elizabeth Murphy
born 13 mar 1900
death reg May 1991
Surrey South Western
age 91
17 1445

if this is correct death reg maybe some information of family could be obtained from death cert or reports in local newspapers

Suz

Hiya - I have got roses death reg.

Apr 1997 in Croydon - Little Haven Care Home on Haling Park Road. Aged 95.

I have spoken to the family that Rose had with the other man after my ggrandfathers death and they basically wantd nothing to do with the Murphys so the likelihood of contacting them is pretty low. I wasnt granted any pictures thorough that side of the family - and prior to that family being created - no one has a pic of him... ive used up all of the family channels now so am relying on govenment etc

Thanks

Offline Carol McGurrin

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 20:57 GMT (UK) »
We appreciate its quite a long time since you posted.  We have only just found out about James after researching family. My sister in law is Rose's Grandchild by her second husband unfortunately she doesn't have a picture of James but she does have pictures of Rose are you still after any information.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 21:01 GMT (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.