Author Topic: 1891 lookup - Danielsen  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Roy G

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 lookup - Danielsen
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 18 May 11 06:51 BST (UK) »
Good hunting Ian, there appear to be lots of loose ends.

You have August Joachim Danielsen, the son of a prosperous family of merchants (perhaps also ship owners) who died within 3 years of his marriage (1857-1861) It was not in the UK so was it in Denmark or an accident at sea?  The 1861 census suggests that his new wife Fanny and son returned to her parents' home in London for a period of mourning.

You do not know where his wife Fanny and son Josia(s or h) were in 1871 & 1881, so cannot say where the son was educated, but their status sugests a private school.  As you say, the details may have been mistranscribed so check out the cook's name (on the 1891 census) and the see if she could have also been with them in 1881.

You know mother and son were of independent means and were living at the Yews in Deal in 1891.  That property is presently up for sale so you have pictures of it on the Internet.  http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-24917824.html

Fanny died in Bath in 1900 and in all probability left a will.  Thats well worth applying for through the Probate Office.

You also know Josia(s or h) had 2 children, Cecil and Ronald, so check out Noaleen Mullholland who is on Genes like you are and shares your interest.

A challenging on-going task isnt it?                   Roy G

Offline Roy G

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 May 11 09:39 BST (UK) »
ALSO, I can now add the Danielsens family address from the 1901 census. 
20, Chapel Park Road, Hastings (St. Mary Magdalen district).     Roy G

Offline mcnulty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 19 May 11 15:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that.

Can you post the name of the cook from the '91 census so I can possibly trace her and the Danielsens in '81.

Many thanks,
Ian
McNulty, Cassidy, Entwistle, Robinson, Johnson, Caunce, Crawford, Lindsay, Webster, Anderton

Offline Evie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barnaby
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 19 May 11 15:52 BST (UK) »
Hi

This is the cook domestic but she is only 20 so may not be working in 1881 in that capacity, at least.

SAVILLE, Edith Servant Single  20 Cook Domestic  Ruckland (Richland) (Rickland) Kent

evie
Booth, Hornsby, Northumberland & Durham
Jackson, Northumberland & Durham
Douthwaite, N Yorks & Durham
Geldard, N Yorks
Ward, Cheshire & W Yorks
Swallow, Boid, W Yorks
Kirby, Lowe, Studholme, Geary, Emery, Baldock

census info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Roy G

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 20 May 11 06:48 BST (UK) »
One of the other subscribers to Genes (not Noaleen) who has an interest in the Danielsen and the Andrews family has dropped me a line and I am hoping she will join the discussion. 
She wrote that Fanny was the daughter of her great, great uncle Samuel Andrews and she believed there was a third son (another Josias Samuel T Danielson) born around the time of the marriage.  Having found no evidence of a third son in the UK birth records or censuses, it would be interesting to investigate that further.      Roy G

Offline Kath6000

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 31 March 14 12:52 BST (UK) »
Ronald was our uncle, we have many family photos dating back to late 19 century. He gad no children. Cecil's descendants live in canada.

Offline BillyDee

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 20 October 15 02:38 BST (UK) »
Hi there everyone,

I am very new to this, but when I found this post, I couldn't help but reply. 

I'm not sure if this is still being tracked, but I'd be interested in picking up the conversation. 

I am Cecil Francis Thoronton's grandson, and would be happy to talk about what has happened here in Canada.  It would also be fascinating to see what further research has been done. 

My thanks. 

Offline Roy G

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 20 October 15 06:52 BST (UK) »
Hi BillyDee 
The string was started some 4 years ago, but hopefully " mcnulty " (the person who placed the initial inquiry who we have hopefully helped) will get back to you.   
Regards Roy G