Author Topic: galashiels scotland cemetery records  (Read 41098 times)

Offline lljensen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: galashiels scotland cemetery records
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 31 March 13 20:54 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I'm looking for any mention of Jane Wilson (b. 24 August 1872 Ladhope d. 27 September 1873 Ladhope), who is supposed to be buried in "New Burial Ground, East Lands, Galashiels" according to old family records.

Any other Wilson or Scott mentioned would be great, too. Jane's grandmother, Elizabeth Wilson (nee Scott) d. 04 Apr 1877, widow of James Wilson, might also be listed, among others.

Thanks in advance!
Penicuik, Lasswade, Liberton: Williamson, Reid, Ormiston
Galashiels, Roxburgh, Berwickshire: Wilson, Scott
Glasgow: Wilson
Scotland - Canada (Manitoba) - USA (Washington, Oregon)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 31 March 13 23:28 BST (UK) »
Looking for burial of my g/grandfather Thomas Hall 1861-1936 died 10 Sep 1936 Cottage Hospital Galashiels, informant on DC was a John Murray described as (intimate friend) although he was married to Janet Flynn Scott.  Possibility his remains may have been returned to Alva, Clacks ??
Thanks...Patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline birkel1905

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 02 April 13 14:07 BST (UK) »
Looking for burial of my g/grandfather Thomas Hall 1861-1936 died 10 Sep 1936 Cottage Hospital Galashiels, informant on DC was a John Murray described as (intimate friend) although he was married to Janet Flynn Scott.  Possibility his remains may have been returned to Alva, Clacks ??
Thanks...Patvp
Hello,
     I looked for the Thomas Hall you sent me 1861 - 10 Sept 1936. I did not locate him listed on the cd with a headstone, as this cd only lists people with a headstone.
     I did locate a Thomas Hall b. 1855 - d. 10 Sept 1930. The headstone reads:
  (Small stone, broken from base):... In loving memory of Helen C. Watson our adopted daughter who died 6.2.1902 aged 17 years also James Flynn who died 10.7. 1909 aged 50 years and of Thomas Hall who died 10.9.1930 aged 75 years also his wife (remainder of inscription buried).
   Please let me know whether this your gr. grandfather.
                Kevin

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 02 April 13 22:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks Kevi - That looks like my man..have sent you a PM.

Many thanks Patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline birkel1905

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 03 April 13 03:17 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I'm looking for any mention of Jane Wilson (b. 24 August 1872 Ladhope d. 27 September 1873 Ladhope), who is supposed to be buried in "New Burial Ground, East Lands, Galashiels" according to old family records.

Any other Wilson or Scott mentioned would be great, too. Jane's grandmother, Elizabeth Wilson (nee Scott) d. 04 Apr 1877, widow of James Wilson, might also be listed, among others.

Thanks in advance
       Hello,
         I viewed the names you gave me, Jane Wilson b. 1872 - d. 1873 and Elizabeth (Scott) Wilson d. 1877 plus widow James Wilson, on the cd Eastlands Cemetery. These people are not in the cd, this cd just shows people interred with a headstone. They could be interred at Eastlands.
        You asked me to look for the last name of Scott at Eastlands Cemetery. I will need first and last names(Scott). The cd is indexed only by last names. There are least 50 index with the last name of Scott.
                    Kevin

Offline lljensen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 03 April 13 04:55 BST (UK) »
       Hello,
         I viewed the names you gave me, Jane Wilson b. 1872 - d. 1873 and Elizabeth (Scott) Wilson d. 1877 plus widow James Wilson, on the cd Eastlands Cemetery. These people are not in the cd, this cd just shows people interred with a headstone. They could be interred at Eastlands.
        You asked me to look for the last name of Scott at Eastlands Cemetery. I will need first and last names(Scott). The cd is indexed only by last names. There are least 50 index with the last name of Scott.
                    Kevin

Thanks for looking! I hadn't realized there might be so many "Scott" burials there - I'll have to do more digging and get back to you about it.

Are there many Wilsons? Is James Wilson listed by any chance? I don't know when he died, except that it was before Elizabeth, but he was born in 1804.

Thanks again!
Penicuik, Lasswade, Liberton: Williamson, Reid, Ormiston
Galashiels, Roxburgh, Berwickshire: Wilson, Scott
Glasgow: Wilson
Scotland - Canada (Manitoba) - USA (Washington, Oregon)

Offline birkel1905

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 03 April 13 14:39 BST (UK) »
       Hello,
                    Kevin

Thanks for looking! I hadn't realized there might be so many "Scott" burials there - I'll have to do more digging and get back to you about it.

Are there many Wilsons? Is James Wilson listed by any chance? I don't know when he died, except that it was before Elizabeth, but he was born in 1804.

Thanks again!
 Hello,
     There are over 50 with the last name of Wilson And Scott.
                  Kevin

Offline birkel1905

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 04 April 13 14:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks...Patvp
Hello,
     I looked for the Thomas Hall you sent me 1861 - 10 Sept 1936. I did not locate him listed on the cd with a headstone, as this cd only lists people with a headstone.
     I did locate a Thomas Hall b. 1855 - d. 10 Sept 1930. The headstone reads:
  (Small stone, broken from base):... In loving memory of Helen C. Watson our adopted daughter who died 6.2.1902 aged 17 years also James Flynn who died 10.7. 1909 aged 50 years and of Thomas Hall who died 10.9.1930 aged 75 years also his wife (remainder of inscription buried).
   Please let me know whether this your gr. grandfather.
                Kevin
      Hello,
          I am unable to send a email to with  a attachment. Please send me your postal address so I can send you the info on Eastlands cemetery. MY email is: (*)

Kevin
(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline micheli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 01:53 BST (UK) »
Hi all - I have been to both. I have many relatives buried in Eastlands and some in Old Ladhope. There is an issue with entering Old Ladhope though - the gate is chained. I am not sure why but many of the stones have fallen over. My cousin had to arrange for it to be unlocked which it was. Unfortunately the stone that we were looking for had  fallen over - that of my 3xGreat Grandparents Agnes (Nancy) Flowers and William Bell. Old Ladhope is on somewhat of a hill and outside the burial ground walls the view of the hills is so peaceful and beautiful.
 :)