Author Topic: Mary Anne Healy  (Read 7014 times)

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Mary Anne Healy
« on: Friday 13 May 11 01:12 BST (UK) »
A long shot but here goes.
Tracing back my mothers side of the family and am stuck on my g g grandmother
All i know is that she was born Mary Anne Healy in Wicklow in 1854( that's based on the 1901 census).
According to family stories she was from Tinahely I am almost certain  (or Baltinglass?) as my mother vaguely recalls driving around Wicklow many years ago and being told that where her great gran was from(she thinks they might have called into the house but is not sure.
Anyways she married a James McDonnell of Drummond Rosenallis Co Laois about
1875 and lived there until her death on 20 10 1915.
All very vague and short on detail I know but its all I got for the moment.
All help or suggestions gratefully received .Thanks for looking.
Denis
McDonnell McDonald Gorman Cronley Colman Deegan Dunne Maher Dempsey Conlon Griffin Bergin Lalor Keys Bonham Brennan Hart(Laois) Nolan Byrne O Byrne Brady Mullen Hanaway Brennan Keeffe Reddy (Carlow)
O'Neill Doyle Donnelly Devlin  (Tyrone) Connor, Burbidge,McNally (Dublin)Hannon McCarthy (Tipperary)Healy Miley Treacy (Wicklow)Kelly (Kildare)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Anne Healy
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 May 11 10:34 BST (UK) »
I think I'd start with the marriage - a cert would give you the name of Mary Anne's father, and also his occupation, which should help confirm, or rule out, any baptisms you might find.

here are the census returns for the McDonnell household for reference :  1901   1911

Based the places of birth given I'd say a marriage in Co. Laois is likely, if not there then maybe Co. Wicklow.

The family are all listed as RC so I assume the Healy family were also.  The area around Baltinglass to Tinahely covers a number of parishes - including at least one based in Co. Carlow (Hackettstown)..

See the RC parish maps on the Irish Times website - RC Parishes Co. Wicklow  The town of Tinahely is in the RC parish of Tomacork.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Anne Healy
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 May 11 11:58 BST (UK) »
There's a possible marriage in the Naas registration district about the right time (census states married 38 years - so c1873) - sort of on the way between Wicklow and Laois..

Name: Mary Anne Healy
 Registration district: Naas
 Event type: Marriage
 Year: 1873
 Volume: 17 / Page : 790

Name: James M'Donnell
 [same references as Mary Anne]

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests