Author Topic: Reid, Davidson in Insch 1696 and connections  (Read 8701 times)

Offline jcrane47

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Reid, Davidson in Insch 1696 and connections
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 November 18 21:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Thank you for replying so quickly and I do apologize for ending my message to you as the internet here where I live in Australia decided to cut out and had to be reset.  My area of focus is on George Hall b. abt. 1720 to Elisabeth Reid.  I came across the MI website and found an Index to MI Booklets published by ANESFHS - George Hall d.1810 booklet: Kirkyard of Insch (AA092) burial ground: Insch  - stone: 38 George Hall   July 1810; Alexr. Hall   Feb. 1825; Walter Hall   n.d..  I am trying to find more information on George and Elisabeth as, I am assuming, George lived and worked in the Knockenbaird area and I was given the information that George had died at Knockenbaird.  I am naturally limited in my searching but, is there somewhere I am able to search for the evidence that they lived and worked in this area?  The MI information looks promising but I am still not sure.
Do you have any suggestions? 
Thank you for your reply with information and I will keep these on file, just in case.

Jan

Offline rosneath

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 November 18 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan

Not to worrry, it is all a challenge, this internet stuff!

I have the Insch Kirkyard booklet - its just been published.  Knockenbaird at the time you are interested in is a farm town which means there is a main farm but various households providing a service to that farm.  No farm is mentioned on stone 38 and it looks as if Walter Hall might not have lived in Insch as there is no stone for him.

I have found that the baptismal records on Scotlands People give a bit more detail.  Perhaps where the father lived and also if there were witnesses, where they were from.  It’s pay per view but worth it.

Cheers
Isabel
Armstrong and Cotter (Co. Cork),  Cooper and Davidson (Aberdeenshire), Cosgrove (Co. Down/Co. Longford),
Cotter (London/Cornwall), Ker (Edinburgh/Roxburgh), Martyn (Cornwall), Orpen/Palmer (Co. Kerry), Pryn (Cornwall), Garnett/Radcliff (Co. Meath),
Wilkie (Roxburgh)

Offline jcrane47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 November 18 05:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your suggestion and I will look into this. 

Good luck in your research.
Jan

Offline JayDavidson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 22 January 20 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello Isabel
I also have this James on my tree, he is my 5th great grandfather. Any other info you can provide would be wonderful
Jason Davidson

3. James Davidson b. 04 Dec 1739 Newtown, Kennethmont, Aberdeenshire d. 14 Feb 1816
Newtown, Kennethmont, Aberdeenshire. Burial Insch Old Kirkyard.  Occupation Farmer, Newtown, Kennethmont  but he m. Singer, Elizabeth 09 Dec 1773 Insch, Aberdeenshire who d. 27 Jul 1817

Not much help, I'm afraid.

Isabel
[/quote]

Offline rosneath

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 22 January 20 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jason

James Davidson and Elizabeth Singer are my 3 x great grandparents.  So I think that makes us cousins of some degree!

I descend from their son Arthur baptised 20 Oct 1774 Kennethmont d 23 Jul 1856 Newtown Kennethmont and his wife Christian Thomson baptised 17 Dec 1745 Kennethmont d 23 Feb 1874 Inverurie.

As far as I know James D and Elizabeth Singer married in Insch on 9 Dec 1773 and only had three living children:
Arthur b 1774
Elizabeth b 1783
and
James b 1786

Elizabeth b 1783  know very little about apart from her birth. 
James b 1786 married Jean Singer b 1780, dau of Robert Singer of Daviot and Jane Thomson.  I only have records of their daughters.

It looks like there were children born between 1775 and 1782 that did not survive.

Maybe you can help me with filling in some gaps!

Cheers
Isabel
Armstrong and Cotter (Co. Cork),  Cooper and Davidson (Aberdeenshire), Cosgrove (Co. Down/Co. Longford),
Cotter (London/Cornwall), Ker (Edinburgh/Roxburgh), Martyn (Cornwall), Orpen/Palmer (Co. Kerry), Pryn (Cornwall), Garnett/Radcliff (Co. Meath),
Wilkie (Roxburgh)

Offline JayDavidson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 22 January 20 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Isabel
James and Elisabeth are my 5th great grandparents
Not sure how to connect offline, as I just found this site.
Maybe worth connecting more
Jason

Offline rosneath

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 22 January 20 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Are you on Ancestry or any other genealogical site?  Gedmatch?  Facebook?  They don't allow posting of email addresses here so perhaps we can find another way to connect.

Isabel
Wilkie (Roxburgh)

Offline JayDavidson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 22 January 20 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Sent you a PM

Offline Ledingham1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 15 March 20 05:02 GMT (UK) »
I am related to everyone in all of these posts. My family of Ledingham's Lived in Insch and Oyne So I have Lesllie,Reid,Davidson,Robertson,Hall and so on in my tree. The ledinghams of rayne and Premnay are decedents of the george ledingham tree and those in inch and oyne are decedents of David. Its the same family but Georges line split off in the early 1500's and they did not marry into each other after that. All the family's in the area trace back to the royal family at some point or another. most have multiple royal connections. Right now I am working on filling in the blanks on my tree So I would love to see Family trees anyone has done from this area.