Author Topic: 1861 and 1871 - Williams  (Read 6047 times)

Offline Orielbenfro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 and 1871 - Williams
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 May 11 15:08 BST (UK) »
Also further to my previous from St Dogwells is
ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
P.R.'s Pembs St Mary, St Michael & Monkton St Nicholas
e-books ~ Headstones & Memorials of St Mary, St Michael, Monkton St Nicholas
e-book ~ Park Street Cemetery Pembroke Dock
e-book ~ Ex Servicemen buried Llanion Cemetery
e-book ~ British Military Cemetery 1832 ~ 1948
Pembrokeshire Military Related Headstones 1714 ~ 2013
PEMBROKE Town & District (History of People and Places)
1946-2015

Offline Orielbenfro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 May 11 15:16 BST (UK) »
I am unable to attach under "Lookup Requests" so have attached here the following for your interest.
Rgds
Orielbenfro
ORIEL a welsh window on a surname
ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
P.R.'s Pembs St Mary, St Michael & Monkton St Nicholas
e-books ~ Headstones & Memorials of St Mary, St Michael, Monkton St Nicholas
e-book ~ Park Street Cemetery Pembroke Dock
e-book ~ Ex Servicemen buried Llanion Cemetery
e-book ~ British Military Cemetery 1832 ~ 1948
Pembrokeshire Military Related Headstones 1714 ~ 2013
PEMBROKE Town & District (History of People and Places)
1946-2015

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 19 May 11 10:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for the source material.   I do like the way they wrote the letter 'E' in the surname Evan.   Also John Miles's baptism does seem to confirm his mother's name as Ashash.

Regards Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline rhw19

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 22 February 18 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Not sure if you're still looking, but I'm also researching Eliza(Elizabeth) Williams, from Wallis Street, Fishguard... she was the mother of 6 children, Dinah the third of these being my great grandmother. Dinah married Thomas Cornock, a blacksmith, from Fishguard, and went on to have I think 6 children of her own.  The 1861 census shows the Williams family living with Jane Evans, listed as head of house, born St Davids, probably 1785.  From the dates on the census, it looks like Eliza was born around 1821.

I'd love to see how far you've got with this research ... we're probably related a long way back!

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 22 February 18 17:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi rhw19
Welcome to RootsChat and Pembrokeshire.
This was an unexpected, but welcome, update on a very old post.  Thomas Cornock and Dinah Williams I believe had 7 children - Elizabeth, James, Mary, Jane, John, Gwilym and Eleanor Margaret.   Jane Cornock (1889 - 1972) married Thomas John Miles (1887 - 1970) in 1916.   They had 6 children, the oldest David Gwilym Miles was my uncle.
After a few more posts you will be able to receive a personal message which, if you are interested, can contain family information not for general consumption.
Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 22 February 18 17:28 GMT (UK) »
By the way, if you click on the icon of the small hut below the picture on my post (Mametz Wood) you should be directed to an old family tree called the Welsh Connection.   Please feel free to browse.
Cheers Dave

Offline rhw19

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 22 February 18 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, lovely to hear an update and thanks for the link to your site... David Gwilym Miles was also my uncle.. much missed I have to say...  sadly four of his siblings have now also died, I can send you the information if you wish, my mother being one of the twin sisters, born 1923..

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 22 February 18 20:19 GMT (UK) »
I look forward to receiving any updates.   I have sent you a Personal Message (PM) with more details.
Dave