Author Topic: Bridget Fitzpatrick  (Read 10320 times)

Offline cheecky face

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bridget Fitzpatrick
« on: Sunday 13 June 10 14:57 BST (UK) »
Hoping someone can help. looking for any family of Bridget Fitzpatrick from Moystown. Parents Bridget ( nee Lawlor ) father Timothy Fitzpatrick. Parish of Tissarn. Kings County Co Offally.

Bridget emigrated to Australia in 1850/1852 followed by brothers James, Kieran and Mary. Brothers occupation was registered as farmers.
Many thanks

Offline Dave Murphy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bridget Fitzpatrick
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 February 11 09:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Hope we can help one another here. My third great grand parents where Michael & Maria O'Neil nee Fitzpartick, and l believe her Parents where Timothy & Bridget Fitzpatrick nee Lawlor. I have Maria's marriage certificate but it is very hard to read the names exactly as to who they are. l don't know a lot on my third great grandparents and l'm hoping to find someone who can help me in finding out as much info as possible.
Are you related to the Fitzpatrick family, and are you living in Australia,
Hope to hear from you soon

Sue
Geelong Australia

Offline cheecky face

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 May 11 16:21 BST (UK) »
Sorry for not answering until now. I live in England and doing some research for a friend whose Family came from Co Offaly, Ireland. I can give you some more information about the family once they emigrated to Australia if that will help. They may turn out to be relatives of yours .

Offline cheecky face

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Dave and Fitzpatrick family
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 May 11 17:12 BST (UK) »
Dave please get back in touch about Fitzpatrick family. You said you were from Geelong, Australia. I accidently deleted your email .

Offline cheecky face

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 15 May 11 20:34 BST (UK) »
Hi
Hope we can help one another here. My third great grand parents where Michael & Maria O'Neil nee Fitzpartick, and l believe her Parents where Timothy & Bridget Fitzpatrick nee Lawlor. I have Maria's marriage certificate but it is very hard to read the names exactly as to who they are. l don't know a lot on my third great grandparents and l'm hoping to find someone who can help me in finding out as much info as possible.
Are you related to the Fitzpatrick family, and are you living in Australia,
Hope to hear from you soon

Sue
Geelong Australia

Offline cmred

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 January 18 23:08 GMT (UK) »
I realise that this is an old post but I came across it while Googling my family history.
My great grandfather Timothy Brophy married Bridget Fitpatrick in 1898 in Tullamore County Offaly.
Their daughter Mary Brophy,  married Robert Mills April 1902? in Tullamore County Offaly.

I wonder if we are related. Robert Mills and Mary Mills nee Brophy had my father Robert Mills in 1923. I do not know if there were any more children as my dads family history is a bit of a mystery.

I wonder if we are related?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 21 January 18 10:25 GMT (UK) »
Wonder why Robert Mills does not appear on 1922 Irish Army Census
looking at the marriage Sinann posted the witness is Oliver Cairns
Oliver Cairns married Alice Brophy age 17 dtr of Timothy Brophy on Jan 29th 1922 with a witness Mary Brophy.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1922/09196/5326614.pdf

Oliver Cairns appears as Oliver Kearns age 21 in 1922 Costume Barracks Wife Alice 13 O'Molloy St,Tullamore
however his name is scratched through with reference see 36066 which possibly means he appears on another page or Barracks ?
http://census.militaryarchives.ie/pdf/Custume_Barracks_Athlone_Page_146.pdf

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 21 January 18 10:40 GMT (UK) »
"...however his name is scratched through with reference see 36066 which possibly means he appears on another page or Barracks ?"

If you Search just using     Oliver     there are only 2 results, so doesn't appear on another page or Barracks

Custume Barracks (Westmeath)
   Oliver    Kearns   21   146

Rathcormac (Cork)
   Oliver    Curtin   23   16
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.