Author Topic: Williams 1841 & 1861 Rhosymedre, Ruabon  (Read 2423 times)

Offline sandgrounder

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Williams 1841 & 1861 Rhosymedre, Ruabon
« on: Tuesday 26 April 05 12:44 BST (UK) »
Looking for Thomas Williams, b ca 1812 Chester, wife Sarah, b ca 1816 Llangollen and assorted children. In 1851 Thomas was running the Masons Arms in Coed Cristionydd, Rhosymedre as well as being a master mason. Son Thomas is shown as aged 10 so he may have been around in '41, possibly older children as well.

By 1871 the family moved to "Woodward's Late Quarry" but I have no info for 1861. Children then would have included Thos, Edward, Sarah, Jane, Lloyd, Robert, Mary and Annie.

TIA

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Williams 1841 & 1861 Rhosymedre, Ruabon
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 May 05 11:44 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Here they are in 1861 living at Coed Richard Hill in Ruabon.

Matilda Sophia Price   1856   Oswestry, Shropshire, England   Visitor   Ruabon   Denbighshire   
Ann Williams   1859   Ruabon, Denbighshire, Wales   Daughter   Ruabon   Denbighshire   
Jane Williams   1844   Ruabon, Denbighshire, Wales   Daughter   Ruabon   Denbighshire   
Lloyd Williams   1849   Ruabon, Denbighshire, Wales   Son   Ruabon   Denbighshire   
Mary Ellen Williams   1855   Ruabon, Denbighshire, Wales   Daughter   Ruabon   Denbighshire   
Robert Williams   1851   Ruabon, Denbighshire, Wales   Son   Ruabon   Denbighshire   
Sarah Williams   1815   Llangollen, Denbighshire, Wales   Wife   Ruabon   Denbighshire   
Sarah Williams   1846   Ruabon, Denbighshire, Wales   Daughter   Ruabon   Denbighshire   
Thomas Williams   1812   Chester, Cheshire, England   Head   Ruabon   Denbighshire   
Thomas Williams   1841   Llangollen, Denbighshire, Wales   Son   Ruabon   Denbighshire   

Sarah x
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Davies/Griffiths/Smith/Woodward/Goodwin/Morrlle/Moralee - Flintshire

Moralee (and variants) - Durham

Offline sandgrounder

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 May 05 12:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sarah!

Judith :D

Offline Amethyst500

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 August 15 12:33 BST (UK) »
Hi

In 2005 you were looking for a Thomas Williams of Coed Richard Hill, Rhosymedre.  I'm looking for a Robert Williams, who may be his son.  The Robert I'm researching was born about 1848 in the Ruabon district, was married to Sarah, lived in Rhosllanerchrugog when he was married and worked as a coal miner.  He died about 1879/80, in his early 30s.  Does this fit with Robert, the son of your Thomas Williams?

Thanks

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 10 August 15 09:02 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.I looked for Robert Willliams' of similar age in the area.I have to  say that there is indeed every possibility that the Robert Williams quoted in the earlier message may well be the one who married Sarah.Of course the difficulty in proving that is identifying the Marriage to the Sarah.There are three possible marriages I found on North Wales BMD,in 1866,1867 and 1868.Given that the couple show with a four year old son Aaron in 1871 I favour the 1866 marriage to a Sarah Jones.

As the 1866 marriage is showing on North Wales BMD as a "Wrexham Civil Marriage",this means that the marriage took place somewhere other than the local Parish Church.It also means that only the purchase of the Marriage Certificate itself will show whether or not it is the previous Robert Williams.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sandgrounder

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 21 September 15 09:43 BST (UK) »
Sorry for the late reply, I only receive response advices shortly after I've posted and then I forget to look!

Do you know Robert's actual date of death? He's shown as the informant on his mother's death cert in March 1881, so if your Robert died in 1879/80 it won't be him.

Judith