Author Topic: Location of "Sea View", Wexford in 1865?  (Read 10389 times)

Offline wexjpw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Location of "Sea View", Wexford in 1865?
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 11 November 12 14:55 GMT (UK) »
that's very kind - thanks

it would be great to discover who built them, if there is any mention in old papers

is it possible for me to access any of these papers online, do you now (to save you  and any others any trouble on my behalf)?

Offline shellback

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 11 November 12 18:02 GMT (UK) »
I don't think local papers are online. There will be a bit of a delay in checking my local library as the service is closed at present to facilitate a move to a brand new purpose built and high tech(or so I'm told) library which will open in about two weeks.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 15 August 20 10:04 BST (UK) »
To answer my own question, 9 years later: The Sea View in question is a sub-townland area located in Forth Commons, on the mountain of Forth. There are references to the area from before 1865 down to the present time.
This makes perfect sense to me as the correct location, as the family concerned were residing in Forth Commons at the time of Griffith's Valuation. And yes, there is a "sea view" from the mountain, hence, presumably, the name.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area