Author Topic: Chambers Family of Tullynaskeagh  (Read 8958 times)

Offline dryan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Chambers Family of Tullynaskeagh
« on: Tuesday 17 May 11 16:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,
I am currently researching the Chambers Family of Tullynaskeagh / motor manufacture etc. It starts with A John Chambers, arriving from Scotland in 1595, with most of the family remaining in the downpatrick area, even to the present day. I do have quite a lot of information, but it would be nice to add to it, or even to cross reference with existing information. Any help would be really appreciated.

Offline karen1chambers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Chambers Family of Tullynaskeagh
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 July 11 20:48 BST (UK) »
I just returned from Belfast yesterday and found an 18 page book at the Linen Hall Library "Account of the Chambers family of Tallinaskeagh formerly spelled Dthullow-nah-skiog".  If you are interested just let me know.  Karen Chambers

Offline dryan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 July 11 09:26 BST (UK) »
Thats great Karen, but I presume that it is a 'read only' copy? Will the library allow it to be photocopied?
Would I need to be registered as a 'reader' to get access?
Mant Thanks,
Don

Offline karen1chambers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 July 11 19:29 BST (UK) »
This is hand written notes bound in a cover donated from a woman in the Chambers family born June 23, 1771.  She wrote this Nov. 24, 1859. There is no copyright or author noted.  The library made a copy for me.  I mentioned that I would like to post on Ancestry.com and the librarian had no problem with it.  As far as the library they stated that they did not have any of their historical material electronic and no funds to do so in the future which is a shame. If I had more time I would have loved to research further.  I made a donation to the library and I did state that I would recommend donations so they could raise funds to help preserve this history.  I will not require a donation be made and will share this information to all.

Offline dryan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 July 11 10:37 BST (UK) »
Thats great Karen, and I look forward to accessing when available. You are clearly one of the clan, and my son-in-law Richard, is the son of * Chambers from Crawfordsburn, outside Bangor. Hence the interest.
Cheers,
Don

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 25 July 11 20:51 BST (UK) »
I recommend Karen you revisit the Linenhall Library and ask to see volume 48 for a manuscript tree CHAMBERS with  Martin connections  in the Blackwood Family history manuscript trees in the LinenHall library, Belfast. Good luck to all and the Library, Jim
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline karen1chambers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 00:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim - I wish I could go back but I am from the US (Houston, Texas) and it was a rare opportunity for me to get there the 1st time.  If it wasn't for a business meeting in Scotland I would never have been able to afford it.  So, if anyone is that way I would love to see it.  I have posted what I had on Ancestry.com (John Chambers Family Tree of Tullynaskeagh).  If anyone has trouble viewing just let me know and I will email.  Karen Chambers

Offline dryan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 12:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen,
Hope you got home safely. I was not able to find the article on Ancestry.com so maybe you could email link to me at (*) ? I have a James Chambers emigrating to US  circa 1804/5 and wonder if that is your connection. (I have another one who was subsequently shot in a duel in New York!!) I have uploaded a good amount of information on my family tree, and can let you have link if you think would be of any interest to you?
Cheers, Don

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 21 February 12 10:36 GMT (UK) »
I did reply to this thread but it has been 'split' for some reason.... can't find where my post has gone.

Is it possible to get URL for tree please?
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.