Author Topic: 1861 and 1871 lookup please  (Read 1942 times)

Offline old birkonian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 and 1871 lookup please
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 November 05 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello again "Ginge119",
Sorry but I gave some duff info.  It was Martha (not Sarah) Gullam who married Thomas Whittow in Liverpool on November 7th 1864.  Consequently I'm looking for any information on  these two relatives, both of whom were born in Pembrokeshire.  At the time of their marriage Thomas, a tailor, was aged 23 and Martha a year younger.  The occupation of Thomas' father, James Whittow, is shown as "Farmer" and as I indicated earlier Richard Gullam was a Mariner.

Any further details on either the Gullam or Whittow branches would be welcome.  Thanks again, Peter

Offline ginge119

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 November 05 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Right then here we go.
The Martha you talk about is indeed a daughter of Richard Gullam and Mary Morse. Martha was baptised 24 Feb 1842 in St Ishmaels Church (the family lived at a place called Mastic). Richard Gollom and Mary Morse were married 25 Nov 1841, in Llanychare. Her father is listed as John Morse, Sailor.

Richard Gullam was baptised 21 Dec 1823 in St Ishmaels Church, his parents are John Gullam and Phebe Williams. They had at least 9 children between them. They were married in St Ishmaels 13 Dec 1816. John was a mariner.
I have some info on who their parents are but I have not confirmed yet taking them to marriages in 1770, but if you wish I can give you those details.

My wifes line comes from Martha's younger brother William, born in 1844. I have quite a bit of other info, but it may be too large to put on here.
I would be very interested in other info about Martha side that you have.
McMahon, St George, Manchester
Curley, Oldham
Wager, Maldon, Essex

Offline old birkonian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 November 05 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for the rapid response and all the gen.  Martha Gullam is my maternal great grand mother and consequently her forebears are of great interest to me so anything you can provide will be gratefully received.  Possibly emailing attachments may be easier than posting here. Thanks Peter
email: email address removed by moderator - please use the secure Rootschat personal message system to exchange personal email addresses - thankyou