Author Topic: Michael Dwyer Siblings  (Read 35722 times)

Offline Jodie Vincent

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Dwyer Siblings
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 07 July 19 08:14 BST (UK) »
Hi my interest is the comment of your relatives connection with Catherine Dwyer who married Lawrence Donoghoe. Any information on the Donoghoe would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 08 July 19 11:17 BST (UK) »
Hi
You will see from reply#23 above that the link Genseacher gave me indicated that the descendants of Catherine Dwyer and Laurence Donoghoe were all in Australia and so could not have had a direct connection with my relatives in the Glen of Imaal.  It is possible, of course, that there could have been (maybe still are) relatives of Laurence Donoghoe in the Glen but the family story was that there was direct descent from a Dwyer not from relatives of a Dwyer spouse.  There would have to be direct descent from Catherine and Laurence for the Donoghue in my family tree to provide the link.  In any event, I was not able to trace my Donoghue connections back very far in Wicklow, never mind establishing a link to Australia.  Sorry not to be of assistance.
O'Brien, Keogh, Byrne, Cuffe, Kelly, White, Burke, Blosset, Evans, Hetherington, Hosey, Williams, Wright, Comerford, Carey, McKeon, Litton, O'Reilly, O'Toole, Nugent, Traynor, Broughall.

Offline Jodie Vincent

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 08 July 19 15:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the email and Catherine and Lawrence children immigrated to Australia but no records can be found for Catherine and Laurence themselves. So it's quite possibly and thru Family knowledge of settlement practice it's very likely themselves did not immigrate to Australia.

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 08 July 19 23:01 BST (UK) »
You may be right.  The Cargeeg book says in relation to Catherine Dwyer and Laurence Donoghoe "sons James & John came to New South Wales 1855".  I had assumed the sons were their only children but that could be wrong.  However, as I mentioned earlier, I could not take my Donoghue line back. 
O'Brien, Keogh, Byrne, Cuffe, Kelly, White, Burke, Blosset, Evans, Hetherington, Hosey, Williams, Wright, Comerford, Carey, McKeon, Litton, O'Reilly, O'Toole, Nugent, Traynor, Broughall.

Offline Jodie Vincent

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 10 July 19 09:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reply. Excellent thanks for the update and I may assume the names provided for connection are still relevant in and I can document even considering the link could not be traced back. This is highest Advancement I have had in 5 years so any information is 9f great value.

Offline Pat Donoghoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 25 November 19 08:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Sorry if I'm late to the chat
I am direct from Laurence Donoghoe and Catherine Dwyer

Offline Pat Donoghoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 25 November 19 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Yes you are on the correct track.
Laurence's son John moved to Bungendore Australia NSW
Married Annie O'hara
Etc....
Check out my 'Bungendore History' Fbook page

Offline Pat Donoghoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 25 November 19 09:04 GMT (UK) »
Ha!
I just realised its you Cuz!

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Good Evening although I am not connected to Michael Dwyer my ancestor Michael Conroy also from Wicklow Ireland and Mathew McIlroy were on a contract to build Parramatta and Prospect Roads in Richmond New South Wales, what a truly magnificent writeup story on a ancestor all the best. :)

Janet :)