Author Topic: HORE Family Photo's (Roche, St Austell, Cornwall)  (Read 14120 times)

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
Re: HORE Family Photo's (Roche, St Austell, Cornwall)
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 02 May 18 04:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Rita, I'm calling dibs on behalf of my distant relation, who is the great-granddaughter of Richard Hoar who operated the Ivanhoe. ;)

I can't give you much info about your family tree (since I don't know where mine branches off from it), but I think that distant rellie of mine could. If you're interested, I could put you two in touch. She has done a load of research into the tree.

Also, if you know of any male-line descendants of your Hezekiah Hore (son or grandson of the son of Hezekiah's son), we would love to have him join the Hoar/Hoare/Hore YDNA surname project. The project is working on establishing connections among the various families of that name in Cornwall/Devon. (So far, it seems that our Cornwall Hoars are not related to the Hoars of Devon who emigrated to the U.S., oddly enough.)

Let me know if you have a family member who would be interested!

HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline Rita Kidd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 02 May 18 05:25 BST (UK) »
My great-grandfather, William Hore Davey, was born in St. Austell in 1838.  His mother's name was Jenepher Hore, born 1804.  The family evidently came from near Roche.  There  is a farm there called Mollinis that they lived on sometime in the 1700s.

William H. Davey's father's name was also William.  I think he was born in Sheviock.  My great-grandfather married Selina Metherell in Tavistock in 1863.  By the 1870 census, they were living in Calumet, Michigan, USA.  He died there in 1898.  He was a copper miner in Cornwall, Devon, and Michigan. 

I also had family from St. Cleer but their last name was Jeffery.

hello please wasJenepher Hore, born 1804.parents Benjamin and Jenepher HORE nee HODGE Benjamin died 8th December 1813 Holm Bush St Austell Benjamin father was William Mother Jenifer
i have them in my tree also
kind regards Rita

Offline Rita Kidd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 02 May 18 05:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Rita, I'm calling dibs on behalf of my distant relation, who is the great-granddaughter of Richard Hoar who operated the Ivanhoe. ;)

I can't give you much info about your family tree (since I don't know where mine branches off from it), but I think that distant rellie of mine could. If you're interested, I could put you two in touch. She has done a load of research into the tree.

Also, if you know of any male-line descendants of your Hezekiah Hore (son or grandson of the son of Hezekiah's son), we would love to have him join the Hoar/Hoare/Hore YDNA surname project. The project is working on establishing connections among the various families of that name in Cornwall/Devon. (So far, it seems that our Cornwall Hoars are not related to the Hoars of Devon who emigrated to the U.S., oddly enough.)

Let me know if you have a family member who would be interested!
Hello yes i would love to be in touch as regards to a male the only one i know is my brother as my dad died in 1961 his father in 1957 and as far as i know all the Australian direct male line is with him (my brothers and his sons and nephews ) i will ask but not hopeful as I tried as few years ago
kind regards Rita 

Offline Phil Hosken

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 02 May 18 10:34 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,  I'm not up to speed with this website and don't know who's watching but thanks for all the responses to my Hoar/Hore post.  I should explain that the little bundle I have was received from Tom Keast in St Ignatius, Montana in 1996 so I expect it's information well known in the US.  It apparently came from Tom's Uncle Jack's Collection and made several family mentions and stories of the Ivanhoe and other ships that met a firey end.
I thought that these might be of interest top Hoar/Hore family members in Cornwall.
Is there anyone in the St Austell/Roche area who's interested?
Now I'll try to work out how to respond to the Private Notes.

Offline fizzybubble

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 30 June 18 18:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Phil
Not sure if you have done anything about this yet but have you considered offering the info to the Cornwall OPC Group.
They may be able to add it to the resource section of their website for anyone interested to use for free.

Fizzybubble
Cornwall - Mutton Brown Trevethan Mugford Higham
Yorkshire - Thirlwall

Offline boycefamilytree

• RootsChat Senior
  • Bringing Boyce's together again
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 09 June 19 10:16 BST (UK) »
I have HORE family in 1790 back in Somerset but the family changed their names over within 3 generations to BOYCE by the 1851 census , although they were using both HORE & BOYCE in Birth , Marriages , Deaths and Census info gathered especially in 1840’s which was very confusing trying to trace my BOYCE family back as they used both within 9 months of census and death of Frederic Boyce / Hore .
There must’ve been some issues around the marriage of BOYCE and Elizabeth HORE between 1780 and 1816 when they started to use the name BOYCE and HORE .
Boice - Ditcheat,Evercreech,Shepton Mallet, Somerset
Boyce - Ditcheat,Evercreech,Somerset
Hore/Hoare - SOM
Boyce - South Wales
Wrench -Bridgwater,Enmore,Broomfield,Somerset, Aldbury,Herts,Pontypridd
Sealey / Follett / Wintle of Treforest,Pontypridd
Hunt - North Cadbury Somerset & Pontypridd
Coombes,Cooms,Coombs - Merthyr,Penrhiwceiber ,
Lewis - Merthyr
Price - Mountain Ash,Abercynon,
Hewer - Somerset
Rowsell - Somerset & Pontypridd
Garland / Cridland - Somerset&Wales
Mounter - Kingsbury /Penart

Offline cammy_83nz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 25 February 23 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello

My name is Cameron Hore and my family are from New Zealand.
My grandmother has recently passed and I am in the process of collecting information for the family tree.

I am of the understanding that Silas Hore emigrated to New Zealand from the UK, and Silas Hore is my great grandfather.

I have always wanted to learn about the Hore Family in Roche, St Austell, Cornwall because I have heard so much about them through my grandparents over the years and my grandparents actually flew over with other family members from Australia to visit the old stomping grounds, and its made me curious to learn about where we are from.

Offline cammy_83nz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 25 February 23 22:31 GMT (UK) »
Apologies for the lack of information into our background, here is some information..

My grandfather's name is Stanley Lawson Hore and my grandmother's name is Sylvia Joan Hore (Maiden name is Sharp)

Silas Hore (Great-Grandfather)
Birth: 18 Jun 1848 - Mollinos, Roche, Cornwall
Death: 25 Nov 1928 - Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Mother: Miriam Rowse
Father: Joseph Hore