Author Topic: MEADE Child  (Read 6072 times)

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A bit of old Blarney castle
    • View Profile
Re: Meade child
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 May 11 09:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Maddie and Ray, If I have the right Ruth the elder when I started all this some years ago of wich I cannot find another match as yet, she all ways gave her place of birth as millend, herts, ray as you pointed out about the mill end there were probably quite a few of places with that handle that in herts that  have been dropped now, I have christening record of her...
                        eng &wales christening records 1530-1906 (Ancestry)
             name.......Ruth Mead
            gender......female
        birth date......abt 1819
   christening date..23 May 1819
             place.......Rickmansworth, herts
           father........Charles Mead (name given on marr record x2)
           mother......Charlotte

The 41c to 61c she only put millend herts but in the 71c she gave ricky, so I believe I have the right girl, now what happened to ruth jnr and or as Maddie pointed out that elizabeth vanished as well, as you say what went on, I read somewere that very young children who died were not allways recorded in the church records, prehaps she gavethe 2 children away/adopted because she could not afford to keep them, prehaps mathew did not want ruth jnr as not his(need to find that birth), but elizabeth ??, as far as ruth snr's parents are concerned all I have is charles and charlotte mead, found a charles and charlotte in stewkley in bucks, 51c stewkley and hogston as place of,
 Maddie you found a charles 1809 were was that record  from, have ann 1821, i'll leave of here let you both digest it all put fresh minds to it......mick

ps that stewkley family cannot be mine because of time difference with charles at 1809, better ditch that one.
Pringle..N-yorks.  Swann..Nthamptonshire. Newman..Wilts.  Whites...Surrey/london.  Filce..London/surrey.  McCarthy...Co Cork Eire.
Atkinson...N-Yorks.    Irvine... Sothern England
Cook...glouc/shire.    Alderton... Thingoe/Suffolk

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 23 May 11 10:15 BST (UK) »
Hi both

I don't think there is any doubt that Ruth was born in Mill End Ricky as the record from the IGI for her christening says Rickmansworth. The probable brother Charles is also on the IGI, christened 16th April 1809 in Ricky & then I have the burial record for Charles Mead, 28th March 1810 aged 13months at Rickmansworth St Mary.

Have to say, that is a long gap between Charles & Ruth's births but the parents are Charles & Charlotte for all. Incidentally they don't appear on my burial list in Herts between 1800 & 1851 so where are they. :-\

Maddie

Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 May 11 13:17 BST (UK) »
err! well,...I d'nt know is the simple answer, but other things I think I have found a Chas and char's marr...at st mary's church harrow,12 sept 1802 by banns, 20/6-27/6-4/7, page 109 in the register,this charlotte was a martindale mine! these people are in the right area and time, with this record theres no parents the wits were no use, I have found children in the general area ie hillingdon/harefield/uxbridge with a chas/char parents, but as you say theres quite jump to 1819 and 21, but I have at least one family begatting for 20+ years so its not beyond poss, could be that ruth was an accident but elelizabeth as well, have to do more digging..........mick
Pringle..N-yorks.  Swann..Nthamptonshire. Newman..Wilts.  Whites...Surrey/london.  Filce..London/surrey.  McCarthy...Co Cork Eire.

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 23 May 11 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Mick

I don't know if this is of any use but I'm trying to build a bigger picture of the family in the hope that somewhere we find a clue.

I am assuming that Charles, Ruth's father was born in Ricky so, there is a christening on the IGI for Charles Mead, 14th May 1780 in Ricky, parents William & Ann. On my militia list there is a William Mead living in Mill End 1784 with three children & he is a Smith, in 1772 & 1773 he looks to have been in Croxley & a Blacksmith. Would make sense that Charles followed in his father's profession.

The marriage in Harrow that you found does look a possible if Charles was born 1780 & if we take Charlotte's age to be about the same then I guess she could have had Ruth & Ann at about 40, give or take a couple of years.

As you say, more digging is needed. ::)

Maddie
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 23 May 11 14:14 BST (UK) »
wow you are a bit ahead of me you say the family is on the IGI, I tried and got nowere, better ask different questions, see if I can come up with them....mick

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 23 May 11 14:21 BST (UK) »
Just checking those 2 births in Hillingdon/Harefield, the kids names are William & Ann, looking good.... :) Wonder if the Ann baptised 1805 died.

Maddie
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 23 May 11 14:40 BST (UK) »
 There a thomas 18/10/1807 on the same track at hillingdon,I tried the IGI for a char martingale on the new site and got a char martingal 19/7/1778, ricky by a samuel and martha, that would make char at marr appox 24 , I was wondering we have ruths bp date but suppose the birth was earlier say like 1815, i've allways found that the two happenings mean nothing in the scheme of things, I found one that got bp just before the wedding day.

mick

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 23 May 11 14:54 BST (UK) »
Looks like a possible for Charlotte, although the name isn't quite right. :-\ Will check the ages for Ruth on the census again but think they tally with a birth date of 1819/20 although I do agree that baptisms can often be a couple of years after birth & even longer in some cases.

Have to brave the wind & take the dog out. ;D

Be back later.

Maddie
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 23 May 11 21:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Mick

Well, I still can't get any where with little Ruth & Elizabeth but I think I can confirm that the Charles Mead & Charlotte Martindale/gal is the correct marriage for your Ruth's parents.

As you said, Charlotte born to Samuel & Martha 1778, according to the IGI they had 2 more kids, Susan 1776 & William 1780. Samuel Martingal married Martha Coster 28th May 1775 in Ricky. Martha Coster was baptised 1st May 1757 in Sarrat, parents Benjamin & Mary. (stick with me  ;)).

Witness on marriage of Charles Mead & Charlotte is William Copper. Martha Martindale married William Copper 6th Oct 1789 Ricky. Martha Copper was buried 25th May 1823 aged 66 in Ricky, making her birth date 1757. :D

I think Samuel Martindale/gal died sometime after 1780 & Martha then married William Copper, making him Charlotte's step dad. ;D Also just noted Samuel Martingal in the militia list up until 1780 in Mill End. :)

Still looks like we have the correct birth year for your Ruth & those 2 little girls must be hidden in the records somewhere. Just need digging out. :'(

Maddie
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire